PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 05:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic
Carrier: Sprint

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel mms

Has anyone been able to get alltel mms working on tp2. if so what rom and what version of arcsoft are you using?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Alltel mms

Bump, Bump, Bump
Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

what have you tried? have you installed the alltel arcsoft cab? have you tried changing the Connect Via in the arcsoft server settings? is your data working? what rom are you currently using?
i haven't seen anyone in these forums that has a tp2 reprogrammed to work on the alltel network. so, that may be why there hasn't been any replies to your thread. Do you have a verizon branded tp2 or sprint branded tp2?

Last edited by razorloves; 11-03-2009 at 09:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

twostep is just getting started

have you used a vzw upgrade? or did you just buy one on ebay or at retail and activate it on your plan? I have an alltel plan and everything worked on my phone out of the box.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twostep View Post
have you used a vzw upgrade? or did you just buy one on ebay or at retail and activate it on your plan? I have an alltel plan and everything worked on my phone out of the box.
I have a alltel plan. I bought a verizon tp2 off of ebay. Data works without problems. On the stock rom it would not let program the alltel server settings so i figured i would have to wait till i could get a custom rom on. Once the unlocker came out i flashed NRG's rom, juicy's rom, and the elite team's rom. I put my alltel server settings on the phone, but i still can't send mms. I used the following settings that i've always used on my other phones.
Server Name: Alltel MMSC
Gateway: mms.alltel.com
Port Number:8080
Server Address: http://mms.alltel.com/servlets/mms
Connection via: Alltel Wireless
Sending Size Limitation: 300K
WAP: WAP 2.0

I tried to downgrade arcsoft to other versions that have worked on my other phones, but nothing has worked so far.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

I have an Imagio on my Alltel plan, and my MMS works just fine with the Verizon server settings. In fact, if I put in the Alltel settings, it does not work.

Did you try it with the verizon server, or did you just assume it wouldn't work? I would try the Verizon server again.

Name: Verizon Wireless
Gateway: Blank
Port: 80
Server: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Alltel / Verizon
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2