PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Can't get rid of "No sim card" Icon on taskbar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94114)

Holyman007 11-02-2009 05:13 AM

Can't get rid of "No sim card" Icon on taskbar

So I just flashed the to the CDMA Photon EnergyROM. Everything works fine but there's the no sim card icon on top of the taskbar that won't go away.
It's where the data connection icon should be.

In settings, I've tried turning "GSM Mode" off but it's stuck in the "on" position.

I know a couple people with this problem but I haven't found an answer yet.

I'm on telus and I don't have a SIM card inserted as I'm using CDMA at the moment.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

marcus_cruz 11-02-2009 06:21 AM

Re: Can't get rid of "No sim card" Icon on taskbar

I think you still need to have your sim card inserted. There is obviously something looking for the SIM.
Try this.
Insert your SIM card, that came with the phone. If one did not come with the phone, then see if you can use a friends or something, then turn your phone to CDMA only, and then try to remove your SIM.
IDK, this is the first time I've heard of this.

goldenu 11-02-2009 07:02 AM

Same issue here, I just dug up an old AT&T sim and threw it in. This is almost certainly because the chef (NRG) has a GSM phone and no way to test a GSM/CDMA hybrid like we have. He will resolve it, just a matter of time.

ACHlLLES 11-02-2009 08:18 AM

Make sure to install carrier provisions for the company you are on, on your first boot after rom flashing.

Link.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93926

rafyrod 11-02-2009 12:30 PM

just insert a sim card and leave it there... the phone recognize that doesnt have a sim card and ask you for it even if you dont use it or is set up to be used.... remember is a world phone

but just put it on and put it in global mode and good to go you still be using your carrier..

chad.wansing 06-05-2010 03:49 PM

Just to have it be said as I've seen it on a couple threads on here now, I've got a TP2 with the Sprint load with tsowentaskbar3v1.5_tp2 and I'm getting the "no sim card" icon popping up instead of my signal strength. When I go back to the ugly stock icons it goes away. Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. Messing up an otherwise awesome taskbar.

kroewe 06-05-2010 08:10 PM

there are only a small handful of taskbars that will not give you this icon.
unless the person who designed the taskbar adds a fix, i have not found a fix that can be added after the fact.
someone should start a post with a list of the ones they have found to work.

however, if you are on sprint and your hone did not come with a sim card, all you need to do is throw one in.
any sim card will work...i found a broken tmobile phone in the street, popped the sim out of it, threw it in my phone, set my phone to cdma only, and it fixes the problem.

flyers2114 06-05-2010 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This will fix the no sim icon if you do not have a sim card....thx go to Mighty...

it has been out for quite sometime now...

signal34 06-06-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kroewe (Post 1795109)
however, if you are on sprint and your hone did not come with a sim card, all you need to do is throw one in.
any sim card will work...i found a broken tmobile phone in the street, popped the sim out of it, threw it in my phone, set my phone to cdma only, and it fixes the problem.

I tried this with a GSM SIM and it screwed up my ability to send texts. I would tap Send, and nothing would happen. Rebooted the phone without this SIM, texts sent. Popped in the Sprint SIM, texts sent. Must be something with the card I placed in it.

Just a heads up....

darren.wlsn1 06-06-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1795536)
This will fix the no sim icon if you do not have a sim card....thx go to Mighty...

it has been out for quite sometime now...

still got that cab i see. lol
you can also get a dummy sim from your carrier free.