PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Mobile WiFi Router (Might Rom)

I just had to make a thread.... I was playing around and saw this feature. I didn't believe it would actually work (ima noob). But it does.. lol

WOW

And it is so easy to use. I wonder how many active PC's u can have on it. Who needs a MiFi card (Sprint)...lol
Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Mobile WiFi Router (Might Rom)

Well at least 2 pcs but probably more..one thing to note though is it sometimes experiences an issue where it resets the phone..this isn't the applications fault..maybe the radio.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-02-2009, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee
Threadstarter

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well at least 2 pcs but probably more..one thing to note though is it sometimes experiences an issue where it resets the phone..this isn't the applications fault..maybe the radio.

that stinks.. but I love it..lol I remember when I had my first smartphone (AT&T MPX 200) I never even thought of doing things like this. Even if this worked 50% of the time I would be happy. I can't wait for phones with WinMob 7 on 4g.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:32 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Well sprint ceo officially said they plan to cut down on tethering..but who knows exactly how they plan to do this.

Personally Ive been using phone as my internet connection for the past 3 years or so..or was it 4 already..maybe 5..how time passes fast..but its a huge improvement over the 6700 in terms of internet stability. Just now though optimum in our are activated their city wide wifi..but I prob will still use the tethering...mostly for travel as I don't like using public networks much.

4g officially though they plan to release as a combo package where if you signup for internet, cable and other services and can access them as long as the device is registered..or so they say.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The people who abuse the phone service and use their phone as their main internet connection will eventually ruin it for everyone.

So good job guys...
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
The people who abuse the phone service and use their phone as their main internet connection will eventually ruin it for everyone.

So good job guys...
Yea, thanks for nothing! Cheapskates!
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

EXLINE is just getting started

5gb cap. i hit 4 last month. i recently moved and it took a month for uverse to get installed and some how i got it that high dont see how.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post

So good job guys...
I have a regular internet connection..but when you travel a lot it becomes your main internet connection. I wouldn't even mind paying for it..EXCEPT the paid option has a 5gb hard cap..while the free option has 5gb soft cap...but once 4g comes out hopefully they lift the cap..it would be silly to have a cap on a 4g network.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Has anybody got the WiFi Router to work with a Nintendo DS or Sony PSP for WiFi use?
Radio 2.23.00WV

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2