PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/)
-   -   Slow charging on TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/94104-slow-charging-tp2.html)

xenokira 11-02-2009 03:22 AM

Slow charging on TP2

I've had my Sprint TP2 for just under a week now and it charges ridiculously slow. It takes many hours for a charge to complete (8-10 if it's pretty depleted). When trying to charge on USB, I occasionally get messages stating that the battery is depleting faster than it is being charged (obviously paraphrased)--I realize devices normally charge slower via USB, but I've never had this happen. This is happening with no extra programs open and only using Titanium on the today screen.

Maybe I'm just used to how fast my Tp1 charged before I swapped phones, but is this really slow charge normal for everyone else too?

Thanks in advance.

Holyman007 11-02-2009 05:01 AM

Re: Slow charging on TP2

I would say you got a defective battery or something on your phone is running constantly, causing the battery to be depleted. Normally, the phone should finish charging in about 2-3 hours depending on what you're running/using.

On my touch diamond, if I was talking on the phone while charging via AC, it would deplete faster than it would charge. That's not the case with my TP2.

supdawg 11-02-2009 05:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenokira (Post 1289218)
I've had my Sprint TP2 for just under a week now and it charges ridiculously slow. It takes many hours for a charge to complete (8-10 if it's pretty depleted). When trying to charge on USB, I occasionally get messages stating that the battery is depleting faster than it is being charged (obviously paraphrased)--I realize devices normally charge slower via USB, but I've never had this happen. This is happening with no extra programs open and only using Titanium on the today screen.

Maybe I'm just used to how fast my Tp1 charged before I swapped phones, but is this really slow charge normal for everyone else too?

Thanks in advance.

Two things will help you.

1. A program that will tell you your current charge and discharge rates. (
2. You probably need to install the fast charge for the TP2. This will allow you to charge at about 900+ mAh.

Hope that helps.

drzeller 11-02-2009 08:49 AM

I have gotten this message once. At the time, I had GPS and Bluetooth going in the car. It also charges pretty slowly in the car with BT on. Otherwise, it seem to charge pretty quickly. I have the quick charge driver installed.

D.

xenokira 11-02-2009 09:04 AM

I should probably have elaborated more in my original post. I've actually tried nueBattery for the TP2 and it hasn't really made a difference--it still charges at around 200-220mAh, even with Fast Changing enabled. I'm going by memory--I don't have exact numbers as I woke up this morning with my TP2 being completely dead after being plugged into my laptop all night.

At what rate does the TP2 normally charge (w/o fast charging)?
What rate of discharge should I be expecting?

On my TP1, the only times I ever received this message is when I was running GPS in the car, much like drzeller.

Biggzz 11-02-2009 09:18 AM

Your laptop must be on and not in sleep mode for the TP2 to keep charging.

xenokira 11-02-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzz (Post 1289532)
Your laptop must be on and not in sleep mode for the TP2 to keep charging.

Thanks, but I'm well aware.

Biggzz 11-02-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenokira (Post 1289553)
Thanks, but I'm well aware.

Cool, just trying to help.:drunken:

dialect129 11-02-2009 09:39 AM

Aslo if you have it charging from a computer it charges slower it charges much quicker from a wall outlet

chrisnosleep 11-02-2009 10:11 AM

When my TP2 is connected to the supplied power adapter nueBattery reports it charging at around 800 mA and charged from 0% to 100% in less than 3 hours yesterday. Plus, the nueBattery version above appears to have been updated...Link:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/

I would check the output voltage coming from your laptop.