PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: Slow charging on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnosleep View Post
When my TP2 is connected to the supplied power adapter nueBattery reports it charging at around 800 mA and charged from 0% to 100% in less than 3 hours yesterday. Plus, the nueBattery version above appears to have been updated...Link:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/

I would check the output voltage coming from your laptop.

+1 on that.

without fast charge you would see 440ish from usb and 800-900 via the AC adapter.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

xenokira is becoming a great contributor

Thanks guys, I have actual data to report. I reinstalled nueBattery2 (newest build) and the nuePowerCPL reports I'm charging at only 162mA (w/ Fast Charge enabled) while discharging at 228mA @ 30C. These values are for the screen being on and also, an overall negative charge.

If I turn the screen off, I can see the values before they refresh. While using the AC adapter, charging is still 162mA and discharge is 140mA. While this is a positive charge, it's only 20mA. These values are with fast charging turned on and are not limited to just one AC adapter--it happens with any AC adapter I use.

Is it more likely that I have a bad device or just bad battery?

Update: The rate of charge seems to keep changing. I just checked it and it got up to 234mA but checked shortly after that and it was down to 150mA. I don't know what to make of this I really wish I had an extra battery to test with.

Last edited by xenokira; 11-02-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: update
Old 11-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

KyleAsher is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to KyleAsher Send a message via Yahoo to KyleAsher

Sounds like a bad battery its not charging correctly. Verizon batteries are compliant with Sprints, ive even bought one and it works fine.
Normal Battery:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...hetypeId=11345
Extended Battery:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...hetypeId=11545
450 Non-Mobile Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data
Phones Used: HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Phone currently using: HTC Touch Pro2
San Antonio, Texas
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okie doke...that's kind of what I figured it would be too. I called Sprint this morning and they said they can run a battery test on it, but I'd have to drop the phone off and it takes 5 hours

In an effort to avoid having to relock my phone, I asked if I could just bring the battery in...I didn't think this would work and it didn't. Alas, I'm stuck waiting 50 yrs for my battery to recharge to 50% so I can re-flash w/ stock then run the re-locker.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokira View Post
Okie doke...that's kind of what I figured it would be too. I called Sprint this morning and they said they can run a battery test on it, but I'd have to drop the phone off and it takes 5 hours

In an effort to avoid having to relock my phone, I asked if I could just bring the battery in...I didn't think this would work and it didn't. Alas, I'm stuck waiting 50 yrs for my battery to recharge to 50% so I can re-flash w/ stock then run the re-locker.

put it in bootloader and flash.......

power, vol. down and reset.

5hrs?? last time i had a bad battery it took them maybe 20 minutes lol.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
put it in bootloader and flash.......

power, vol. down and reset.

5hrs?? last time i had a bad battery it took them maybe 20 minutes lol.
I assume I should still re-lock to be safe though, correct?

Yeah, I don't know how this battery could take more than just a couple minutes to test...being that it charges at a fraction of the rate that it should. I'm guessing I should avoid saying anything too technical about charge and discharge rates and just let the technician figure it out...I don't want them to come back and blame anything I was running for my battery failing.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member

its your call on relocking. personally i never relocked my diamond when i would take it in and never had any problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

is the two cab files in this thread working right its nothing breaking anything is?

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
is the two cab files in this thread working right its nothing breaking anything is?
Yes, they both work right.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update on this..

Short version
Sprint couldn't figure out the problem, so they ordered me a replacement TP2 (to replace my replacement TP2 that I got for faulty my TP1). I should be getting it tomorrow.

Long version
After flashing back to stock and relocking my TP2, I stopped into my local Sprint Store / Repair Center yesterday morning. I explained my issue and the sales person took my phone back to the tech, explaining that it should take a couple hours.
I return a couple hours later and upon my arrival, the sales person (same as earlier) asked if they could hard reset my phone...apparently the technician thought this may fix the issue. I explained that I've done several hard resets since the issue started, but that they could do whatever they wanted. After just a bit, the sales person came back and said that the tech cannot determine whether the issue is caused by my device or by a faulty battery.
To resolve the issue, they just ordered me a new TP2. I'm not sure if I'll be getting a refurb or another brand new one. Honestly, I don't really care as long as it's in good condition and it works.

If I don't update after this, it's likely that everything is fine with my replacement and I forgot :P (out of sight, out of mind I guess) Thanks for everyone's help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery, charges slow, tp2