PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Slow charging on TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94104)

2k4mach 11-02-2009 10:15 AM

Re: Slow charging on TP2

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisnosleep (Post 1289650)
When my TP2 is connected to the supplied power adapter nueBattery reports it charging at around 800 mA and charged from 0% to 100% in less than 3 hours yesterday. Plus, the nueBattery version above appears to have been updated...Link:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/

I would check the output voltage coming from your laptop.

+1 on that.

without fast charge you would see 440ish from usb and 800-900 via the AC adapter.

xenokira 11-02-2009 10:41 AM

Thanks guys, I have actual data to report. I reinstalled nueBattery2 (newest build) and the nuePowerCPL reports I'm charging at only 162mA (w/ Fast Charge enabled) while discharging at 228mA @ 30C. These values are for the screen being on and also, an overall negative charge.

If I turn the screen off, I can see the values before they refresh. While using the AC adapter, charging is still 162mA and discharge is 140mA. While this is a positive charge, it's only 20mA. These values are with fast charging turned on and are not limited to just one AC adapter--it happens with any AC adapter I use.

Is it more likely that I have a bad device or just bad battery?

Update: The rate of charge seems to keep changing. I just checked it and it got up to 234mA but checked shortly after that and it was down to 150mA. I don't know what to make of this :-( I really wish I had an extra battery to test with.

KyleAsher 11-02-2009 12:59 PM

Sounds like a bad battery its not charging correctly. Verizon batteries are compliant with Sprints, ive even bought one and it works fine.
Normal Battery:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...hetypeId=11345
Extended Battery:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...hetypeId=11545

xenokira 11-02-2009 04:03 PM

Okie doke...that's kind of what I figured it would be too. I called Sprint this morning and they said they can run a battery test on it, but I'd have to drop the phone off and it takes 5 hours :(

In an effort to avoid having to relock my phone, I asked if I could just bring the battery in...I didn't think this would work and it didn't. Alas, I'm stuck waiting 50 yrs for my battery to recharge to 50% so I can re-flash w/ stock then run the re-locker.

2k4mach 11-02-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenokira (Post 1290755)
Okie doke...that's kind of what I figured it would be too. I called Sprint this morning and they said they can run a battery test on it, but I'd have to drop the phone off and it takes 5 hours :(

In an effort to avoid having to relock my phone, I asked if I could just bring the battery in...I didn't think this would work and it didn't. Alas, I'm stuck waiting 50 yrs for my battery to recharge to 50% so I can re-flash w/ stock then run the re-locker.

put it in bootloader and flash.......

power, vol. down and reset.

5hrs?? last time i had a bad battery it took them maybe 20 minutes lol.

xenokira 11-02-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k4mach (Post 1290768)
put it in bootloader and flash.......

power, vol. down and reset.

5hrs?? last time i had a bad battery it took them maybe 20 minutes lol.

I assume I should still re-lock to be safe though, correct?

Yeah, I don't know how this battery could take more than just a couple minutes to test...being that it charges at a fraction of the rate that it should. I'm guessing I should avoid saying anything too technical about charge and discharge rates and just let the technician figure it out...I don't want them to come back and blame anything I was running for my battery failing.

2k4mach 11-02-2009 06:37 PM

its your call on relocking. personally i never relocked my diamond when i would take it in and never had any problems.

TheRealHotshot 11-02-2009 08:29 PM

is the two cab files in this thread working right its nothing breaking anything is?

supdawg 11-02-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1291725)
is the two cab files in this thread working right its nothing breaking anything is?

Yes, they both work right.

xenokira 11-05-2009 12:07 AM

Update on this..

Short version
Sprint couldn't figure out the problem, so they ordered me a replacement TP2 (to replace my replacement TP2 that I got for faulty my TP1). I should be getting it tomorrow.

Long version
After flashing back to stock and relocking my TP2, I stopped into my local Sprint Store / Repair Center yesterday morning. I explained my issue and the sales person took my phone back to the tech, explaining that it should take a couple hours.
I return a couple hours later and upon my arrival, the sales person (same as earlier) asked if they could hard reset my phone...apparently the technician thought this may fix the issue. I explained that I've done several hard resets since the issue started, but that they could do whatever they wanted. After just a bit, the sales person came back and said that the tech cannot determine whether the issue is caused by my device or by a faulty battery.
To resolve the issue, they just ordered me a new TP2. I'm not sure if I'll be getting a refurb or another brand new one. Honestly, I don't really care as long as it's in good condition and it works.

If I don't update after this, it's likely that everything is fine with my replacement and I forgot :P (out of sight, out of mind I guess) Thanks for everyone's help!