PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: post what you know to be a the best gsm prepaid plan

Here are a few links to look over for pre pay or no contract plans

T-Mobile

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaid-plans.aspx

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/C...P=EvenMorePlus

AT&T

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...l=calltoaction

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

They do have this one guys. Don't know if it will expire if you don't use it...... http://www.myworldphone.com/itemdesc...SIM-PREP-AT100
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Since I only use my SIM card whenever Verizon has no signal, this is what I use and it seems fairly cheap. I bought mine at a Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Go-Sim+-...=1191627772229
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TNTRMSKD is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67
Do you plan to use this on the unlock Sprint TP2?

I thought the best data speed you can get on it would be Edge speed, not even 3g?
Correct, you will only ever get edge and not 3g which makes using the sim for data pretty discouraging. The SIM-for-emergency calling is pretty moot if you live in a metro area like me. If Sprint has no service, I end up roaming to the Big V. I have yet to ever experience true "No service". Maybe on the subway, but I haven't taken that since it cost $1.50 (NYC people know how long ago that was, lol).

I want to unlock the feature primarily to consolidate phones. I have second line for work that uses T-Mobile. Not having to carry around 2 phones would be great. I realize that you can't be on both gsm and cdma simultaneously, but since I have my personal phone turned off during the day anyway it wouldn't make a diff to me. Swap to gsm when the workday starts and swap back to cdma at quitting time. One phone, two birds. useewutididthere? =P
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
They do have this one guys. Don't know if it will expire if you don't use it...... http://www.myworldphone.com/itemdesc...SIM-PREP-AT100
$16 to ship it though.
Thats nutz.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow didn't see the shipping lol. $28 for this one and looks pretty decent http://www.telestial.com/view_product.php?ID=LSIM-US04
Old 11-02-2009, 07:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Airhead315 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Wow didn't see the shipping lol. $28 for this one and looks pretty decent http://www.telestial.com/view_product.php?ID=LSIM-US04

I ended up buying this one. It claims to give access to both Tmobile and AT&T towers...rates are decent for very seldom use. The minutes expire in 9 months if you dont:
a.) Use some minutes or send a text
b.) Recharge your minutes

From what I could tell doing one of those two things resets the 9 month counter...that means this $19 SIM could last $19.00/0.15 * 9 months if you send a text message every 9 months, this card would last 95 years!

Also, use coupon code frommers01 for 15% off which is $2.18 on a $19 card. My total after shipping was $25.15
Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead315 View Post
Im looking for this exactly, though id rather there be no monthly fee, just a sim card that doesnt expire. Does an expired SIM card have to allow for 911 calls to be made? I know landline phone companies are required to provide 911 service even if the subscriber has cancelled thier plan. Is this also true with GSM networks?

Honestly, I would be willing to pay like 20-25 cents per minute maybe more for a card of minutes that didnt expire. I think someone said AT&T has a prepaid plan where you can buy a $100 card and it wont expire for a year, which might be our best option, that works out to:
$8.33 per month...
that would be exactly what i'd be looking for.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh

Anybody had trouble getting a GoPhone SIM to work in the Rhodium_W ??? Mine doesn't even see the sim...

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 11-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

T-mobile prepaid is $100 for 1000 mins and dont expire for 1 yr.

Best deal is SERO.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2