PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

MrCapcom is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 or wait?

Right now I have a Samsung Omnia. And its the best phone I have had. I went from Moto Razr to LG Env to LG Dare and now the Samsung Omnia. I was thinking of getting the TP2 for Verizon for something a bit more zippy and well HTC devices seem to have a bit more support as far as apps etc being developed. I love my omnia and it was my first windows mobile phone, so im looking forward to the TP2 but I can't help but think maybe I should wait to see if the HD2 comes out on Verizon or if there is any other phones with keyboards I should try. Leaving Verizon is out of the question, but for now I really want a TP2 but its like should I wait? I'm pretty sure it won't support windows 7 mobile. I just figured I would make a topic see if you guys/gals could help me with deciding on which phone to get. Thanks
Old 11-02-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TP2 or wait?

If your satisfied, stick with your omnia, I love my tp2, but if you want to wait on a new device, check out the motorola droid, or wait for a new HTC.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-02-2009, 12:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BoneZ is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to BoneZ Send a message via MSN to BoneZ Send a message via Yahoo to BoneZ

If you love the Omnia, you'll marry the TP2. I wouldn't wait.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Well I love my Omnia but im starting to do alot of texting and emailing and I never felt 100% fast on touch screen on my omnia don't get me wrong its great but I think ill be better with the tp2. I just don't want to buy it and then on the 31st day verizon like oh yea we got hd2 haha

Droid looks nice but im not exactly sure if I want to go Android especially because I have never used Android before
Old 11-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

That's a very personal decision. You first need to decide if you want to stick with Windows. Thend decide if you want to wait or not. If you like your Omnia you may choose to wait. If you want a great phone now with the best keyboard around then you want the tp2. Even if Verizon does get the HD2... It won't have a keyboard. We may need to wait quite a while before they pht out another HTC windows phone with a keyboard. Make the jump... The water's warm. TP2 is great.
p.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

if you want a windows phone with a keyboard, tp2 is the way to go. we likely won't see a new htc phone with a keyboard until the end of next year. BTW, Verizon would probably be last to get the hd2, they already have the imagio and the omnia II coming. Sprint doesn't have a new slab winmo phone, so they'd probably get it before verizon. GSM carriers will prob be first, t-mo specifically.

the only other keyboard phone that's new out overseas that might come to the states would be the omnia pro (the slideout one).

Now if you're going to wait, it should be to wait for windows mobile 7.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Lol well thing is the HD2 seems to have better touch response and it has capacitive screen so I would imagine that its going to be better in that department. The Kitchen for TP2 is it out anywhere? I haven't had time to search around just yet I currently cook roms for my omnia ^_^ As far as sticking with windows I think I want to stay I don't really see anything worth going to. Iphone isn't for me and Android is so new im not to sure what I would even do if I got it. The biggest thing I liked on Android was HTC Sense and I seen a couple custom roms that have it. Whats the general quick info on why they discontinued or w/e the TP2 on Verizon?

Yea I would wait for windows mobile 7 but man that's a long wait.

All I need is a offcial xbox live app for my windows mobile phone lol
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

So then you know what you wanna do. Get the pro2 and wait for windows 7 to come out. That should be fun.
p.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

LOL well im gonna try to see if I can get it. Has anyone tried custom roms and have anything to report? I know day 1 ill probally flash my phone
Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCapcom View Post
LOL well im gonna try to see if I can get it. Has anyone tried custom roms and have anything to report? I know day 1 ill probally flash my phone
I have, but everyone is doing 6.5, and I prefer 6.1 still, they are nice, but still in beta stage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2