PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Re: Anyone feel like doing a review of the ROMs out now?

I've been through three so far. I'll post up some opinions tomorrow. The power is out here and I'm tired of hearing my UPSs screech. I'm going upstairs to bed where I don't have to listen to them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

EvanWasHere is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I've been through three so far. I'll post up some opinions tomorrow. The power is out here and I'm tired of hearing my UPSs screech. I'm going upstairs to bed where I don't have to listen to them.

Thank You!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I will say this:

Kitchen will MMS

Mikes will MMS

the rest wont

(for sprint)

seems unless your rom is based on a CDMA carrier good luck on MMS can send not recieve
Old 11-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'll drop my 2 cents...pls don't flame...

First ROM I flashed after the HSPL is NRGZ Leo ROM. I'm running the "stable" 6.5.1 build.

- love the eye candy factor...the TF3D2.5 is very nice. One issue is that you feel the limitations of your TP2...since the weather animations on the home tab is smooth, but slow.

- the bottom start button and soft keys are more refined since the last 6.5.1 build I ran while using Cal's kitchen on the TP.

- Apps are your basic out of the box for most ROMs...but by no means loaded.

- MMS as mentioned is not functioning (for Sprint)...and no fix have been identified yet.

- menu items takes a bit to get used to...but all are user friendly.

- no landscape support except music and album tabs on manila...but have been reported that it is laggy (have not personally looked at that...since I don't use either in landscape)

- having the quick links on the home tab is nice...but I'm missing the favorite program tab from TF3D2.

- probably keep this ROM for a couple of "work" days to determine day to day functionality...I can't see myself sticking with this without functioning MMS (pictures from wife of the kids during the day)

Old 11-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero / Treo 700wx >> Pre / Vogue >> TP2

isleepy1 is a n00b

My 30 second review of the roms I flashed

Elite team rom: FULLY loaded, great concept.... but UGLY splash screens, ram hog, and buggy

mightymike: STABLE!, low ram usage.... but only running touchflo 2.1 (positive for some people) and I didn't care for the start menu icons

Juicy: touchflo 2.5, all the apps I needed... but was laggy for me after a few hours and it killed my battery life

NRG 6.5.1 leo: great rom.... but 6.5.1 still too buggy

NRG 6.5 leo: favorite so far, no lag, no bugs so far it's what I plan on running for a while.

Now these are my opinions I'm sure everyone will have there own, like others have said, flash em and use it for a few hours, you'll determine if you like it or not pretty quick.

PS I don't use mms so those issues have no bearing on me.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Anyone else?

<<Bumpz>>
Old 11-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Whats the big deal with mms anyway? what's everyone doing sexting?

Energy rom latest OS manilla 2.5 nov 25th release. - AWESOME but a bit slow and strange things started happening. Can't wait till the 6.5.1 becomes less "beta" network issues for me and lockups.

Energy rom stable build - very awesome with bling. Stable fast and looks good random network issues for me.

Mighty Mikes - Cool but the 2.1 manilla seems like win95. 2.5 manilla ftw ah hell time for mobile shell 3.5..

Juicy R1- awesome and stable no network issues. Everything running really good. Staying with this one for awhile.

I am sprint and this is all i've tried so far
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've used 2: MightyMike and NRG's Leo 6.5

It's not a fair comparison really--both are really good, but they offer different experiences by design.

Mike's is more stable and fast because it uses an official WM6.5 release build with a stable Manila 2.1. It's quick and reliable and your choice if you want a trouble free device. I really like the Sense/Weather clock and some of the little tweaks.

NRG's uses more in-development software, so by no fault of his own it is less stable and optimized. But it is fun to play around and experiment with and if you can live with the quirks or somewhat more slow speed, it's a cool ROM.

An obvious conclusion is that WM6.5+ and Manila 2.5+ is going to be an awesome upgrade and I can't wait for later builds as they become more finalized--but until then, I'll just play with those ROMs on occasion and use Mike's for everyday usage.

Personally I think everything I said could be discerned from the Chef's own notes--it's a pretty logical conclusion and experience.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Personally I think everything I said could be discerned from the Chef's own notes--it's a pretty logical conclusion and experience.
Yes, I have seen the notes that each Chef writes about their ROM...but it's the actual usage that everyone gets out of it that I want to hear about. A chef may not care about doing MMS, but as u see in this thread, others do..

I for one am a little wary of using Manila 2.5 as I do a lot of going through the menu's in landscape mode (cause I am too lazy to close the keyboard). So I wanted to hear opinions on this.. Also, on glitches people may have on builds of a chef's rom (something that won't be in their notes), or even if one ROM had a better response time then another.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2