PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   woahhh (TP2 Camera thoughts & opinions) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94045)

abdeviation 11-01-2009 09:11 PM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

my brother has a TP1 and we were at a party last nite. he just sent me a couple pictures he took and they are SOOO much better looking than the ones I took on my TP2. in the same lighting conditons, his colors are deeper and richer and the picture smooth. my colors are washed out and the picture has a lot of grain and noise

lwrdrchvy2 11-01-2009 09:14 PM

Re: woahhh

compare the camera settings on your phone with his and see if there is a difference.

abdeviation 11-01-2009 09:28 PM

i plan on doing that as soon as he gets back

GrandMasterB 11-01-2009 09:42 PM

I have been extremely disappointed with the camera on the TP2 thus far. It simply stinks! I hope somebody figures out some tweaks to help it out soon...

WhiteBlazer01 11-01-2009 09:46 PM

It does stink. Framerate sucks, quality is poor... need some tweaks!

sho95 11-01-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB (Post 1288192)
I have been extremely disappointed with the camera on the TP2 thus far. It simply stinks! I hope somebody figures out some tweaks to help it out soon...

Try taking it from 3 to 2 mp and do not use auto white balance do not go higher than 200 ISO cause the higher you go the nosier it gets. Forget any good pictures in low light environments. It does good during good lighting.You can change contrast/ saturation and sharpness under image properties.

GrandMasterB 11-01-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho95 (Post 1288232)
Try taking it from 3 to 2 mp and do not use auto white balance do not go higher than 200 ISO cause the higher you go the nosier it gets. Forget any good pictures in low light environments. It does good during good lighting.You can change contrast/ saturation and sharpness under image properties.

Thanks , I will try those things. I dont remember taking many pics with my TP or my Omnia but my most recent phone was the Storm and I use to take pics daily and email or upload them to FaceBook and they always turned out amazing. I have yet to take a keepable or postable picture with the TP2.

marcus_cruz 11-01-2009 10:40 PM

Check the iso settings on your TP2. I remember the TP1 didnt have iso settings.

The higher the ISO=the more graininess and noise.
The TP1 had a flash as well, as opposed to our TP2.

Try taking a picture with iso set @ 100 on the TP2 and then take one with the TP1 and then compare.
The reason they enabled iso settings on the TP2 is to compensate for the lack of a flash or light.

Lord Delmar 11-01-2009 11:29 PM

I was messing with my camera at the halloween party last night and found something interesting. I remember reading on these forums about changing the brightness settings on the touch pro. If you reduced it to -2.0 it was really good, but even taking it down to -1.0 helped the framerate AND the washout.

So after playing with the settings, this did help, ALOT.The brightness being set to -1.0 made all the difference in the world. The camera is now useable in most situations. Quite happy with it as a cellphone camera. Granted, its not a Nikon...but...

Oh, it even takes good moving pics...well...good for a cellphone...

BigDiesel07 11-01-2009 11:41 PM

can you post both of the photo's? So that we can see the differences?