PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help concering Verizon TP2

A few things first, before I get into my post. For those of you who remember my "TP2 vs. MY TP" thread, yes, I'm thinking about getting the Touch Pro 2.

The reason why I'm planning to upgrade is because I still have an Alltel phone and an Alltel plan, and Verizon is offering an incentive for us to get Verizon phones (it's pretty much a HUGE discount). Anyway, I plan to get the Touch Pro 2 from this discount.

So I have two questions for all TP2 users. Now that you have been using your phones for a while now, I want you to tell me how it works.

1. Do you still like it?

2. Does it get hot at all?

3. How is the battery life?

4. Here's the main thing. For those of you who play games on the phone, are you able to control the games using the arrow keys on the hardware keyboard?

Thanks for all of your responses!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

eth3rton is becoming a great contributor
Re: Need Help concering Verizon TP2

Had mine since launch.

1 - Still Love it!
2 - Not really. When talking extended periods of time mine gets a little warm but not hot.
3 - All day using the phone & data.
4 - N/A for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I too came from Alltel & got the TP2 as soon as I could. I also got a GREAT deal to get 2 phones for me & the wife. To answer your questions:

1: We BOTH love this phone!
2: It gets warm but never has gotten hot on me at all.
3: Battery life is good...has always lasted all day for me at work(13+ hrs/day)
4: I don't know. The games I play all use the touch screen or g-sensor.

One thing I do give as a caveat is that I had a great family plan through Alltel that Verizon can't match. So now I'm paying more than I was before (and getting less for it.) I hope you can get a better plan than I did.

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

andrewtheman is just getting started

I still love this phone, and *just* about have it set up they way I want it.
It gets hot if I'm using WiFi and a ton of programs, but usually not.
Battery life for me is all over the place. Sometimes it goes hours and only loses 5%, sometimes it sits on my nightstand overnight and loses 70% and dies.
I'm not in it for the games, the ones I do have tend to use the accelerometer.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The plans that Verizon offers is another thing that concerns me.

I don't want to have to pay too much more, but I'm not the only one deciding if the plan will be worth the switch, so I guess I can't really comment on that for now.

BUT I do have another question; if we do decide to switch, what are the chances of them being able to ship me my phone right away? The lastest news I heard about the Touch Pro 2 is that it's out of stock, so will I be able to get one right away?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:51 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

When I ordered mine, I got it the next day
Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Verizon plans are spensive.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
A few things first, before I get into my post. For those of you who remember my "TP2 vs. MY TP" thread, yes, I'm thinking about getting the Touch Pro 2.

The reason why I'm planning to upgrade is because I still have an Alltel phone and an Alltel plan, and Verizon is offering an incentive for us to get Verizon phones (it's pretty much a HUGE discount). Anyway, I plan to get the Touch Pro 2 from this discount.

So I have two questions for all TP2 users. Now that you have been using your phones for a while now, I want you to tell me how it works.

1. Do you still like it?

4. Here's the main thing. For those of you who play games on the phone, are you able to control the games using the arrow keys on the hardware keyboard?

I got my TP2 through an insurance replacement so I didn't have to alter my Alltel plan, if you can swing this too, its the best option
Old 10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Veezy

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post

1. Do you still like it?

Love it still and even more so that I have found this community at PPC geeks. Plus with all the hacks and cabs to change the phone to your liking that i've found here its great.

The phone does get hot from time to time especially when connected to PC. Never just on battery power. For how small the battery is the battery life is actually great. There is also a extended battery floating around the net...just google it. The battery doesn't last the whole day if you've been emailing or your phone updates email often and you been playing wit ur phone it will burn up the battery quick...but I bought a cradle so i charge two batteries at a time and take both out if ima be out all day doing a lot.

With the games
Old 10-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

jamesavery22 is a n00b

when will VZW get it back in stock? I've been checking for a week with no luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2