PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nootrak4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio

Has anyone figures out how to make the TP2 (sprint) recognize the SIM card and connect to the network automatically or at lease after you set it up the first time, The phone to reconnect to the GSM network with out having to do it all over again. If this is something that TMO SIM can’t do, but ATT SIM can, PLEASE let me know I would switch in a heartbeat as the TMO SIM I have is pre-paid.

My biggest complain is when I lose the TMO signal due to me going into a basement or under a tunnel when I get back and the phone tries to reconnect I have to redo everything all over again.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction to get my phone back to stock. I would like to Flash everything back to STOCK. hopefully they will get everything work in a couple of week or days.

Edit. is this all i need http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940

1) flash stock ROM, full RUU preferably, so it flashes a stock Radio too
2) if you did security unlock, run http://hpcmonex.net/htc/secrelock.zip on the phone to relock the security
3) if you did SuperCID, set the CID back to SPCS_001 (if you have a Sprint device! verizon/telus have different CID) by doing AT@CID=SPCS_001
4) then finally flash back Stock SPL by using SPL relocker.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 AM
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
I feel for you man...No support just fake promises. Today, Tomorrow, Next Week....Now finally the wolves cant say "stop complaining, give them time"...Uhh no, software was paid for and people are out there money...She said tonight 2 days ago, and issues still aren't resolved..

fake promises? oh sure...the really funny thing is the new radio patch was posted about 2 hrs before you wrote this post

anyway I hope the new version solved your issues
Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Nice to know they're charging money for an unlock they did not test thoroughly.
nah, this radio patch is freely posted, freely downloadable if you didn't notice before.
the SIM/Sec unlocker is charged for but that's just a prerequisite to this hack that you can use for other things too.

anyway I hope your issues have been solved with new radio patch

PS: testing is hard, because we don't live in USA, and our testers who do didn't report problems originally, as apparently it is also ROM dependent / usage dependent
Old 11-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
nah, this radio patch is freely posted, freely downloadable if you didn't notice before.
the SIM/Sec unlocker is charged for but that's just a prerequisite to this hack that you can use for other things too.

anyway I hope your issues have been solved with new radio patch

PS: testing is hard, because we don't live in USA, and our testers who do didn't report problems originally, as apparently it is also ROM dependent / usage dependent
If you need another tester I am willing to do some leg work. My TP2 isnt my primary device so Im not worried about missing phone calls an such. ( havent unlocked sim though)

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 11-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

saneiros1 is a n00b

Has anyone been able to use the ATT Internet on their phone I have tried both roms and cannot get it. Keeps saying the settings are wrong.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nootrak4 is a n00b

has anyone have this same situation

Well I also have the new 1.96 and it working with no problem. The only thing I have a problem is the manual thing, Every time I switch to GSM, I have to go with the manual and select Tmo. I wish there was a way that after the first time the phone remembered and would automatically connect back to Tmo GSM network.

Picture this
You are at home and you are connected to your Wireless network (wifi) second floor and your wireless network doesn't reach your basement/cellar and you happen to take your laptop down to the basement and after returning to the first floor you had to reconnect to your Wireless network and you would have to re-insert the WEP/WPA key again every time you move out of range.

Well I hope this make it clear, but this is what is happening to me. Every time I lose the signal I have click Select and reselect Tmo.

Also some that is happening is the my phone would drop the signal or at least the bars on the phone show that I have no signal, but someone is able to call me but I’m not able to call out until a do one of the following 1. Soft reset the phone 2. Return to CDMA or select automatic and re select manual and do the whole look for network

Has anyone been able to fix this or to make the phone remember that you have a Tmo sim and that this is the network it should be connecting too? I know this is a work in progress and all but this is the other bug.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nootrak4 is a n00b

This is working great for me, but my only thing is that when i lose the signal while in GSM mode, i have have to do the manual thing all over again. Has anyone found a way to set the GSM to a Particular Carrier or for the phone to Recognize the SIM you have and auto connect to the network that the SIM card belongs too.

I have tried so many different things and nothing has worked for me. I mean does anyone have the same problem. maybe is the sim i have should i go get other one. Please advice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2