PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post
Anyone know if there is a dump of the original sprint radio outside of the rom package. I'll throw the unlocked radio on again and give it a whirl but would like an easier way to get the stock radio back on if needed other than a flash/restore.
I'm also looking forward to that too.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TNTRMSKD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I'm in the same boat. I flashed the SIM/Radio unlockers and battery life and performance suffered because it seemed to be trying to acquire a GSM signal inappropriately. As soon as I went back to the stock radio, all is well again. Moral of the story, if you don't have an absolutely need to unlock the radio--- that is, an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card--- don't unlock it!
I documented some quirks after flashing the radio over at the official XDA thread, but I'll state some here.

If you hard reset with this unlocked radio, touchflo will not load on your initial run ( stage where you set the screen sensitivity and the OS installs itself). Things get really weird when you let your phone go into sleep mode and then try to wake it. Sometimes the backlight becomes unresponsive. I know the phone works because hitting the hard send key, allows me to make phone calls, and the volume toggle keys still ding and scroll from max vol to silent/vibrate. Also, if you go to power off by holding down the top button, after tapping 'Yes' to shut down, I got the swirling quad color 'windows is busy' circle for a few seconds, then it along with the rest of the screen just freezes. I found myself having to yank the battery numerous times while playing with this radio. Touchflo 3D tabs/apps went all kinds of crazy at random times too. Opera would launch and only the outer edges of the screen would show, the center would still be the internet tab/globe from touchflo. SMS/MMS menus would sometimes just lock up, etc etc etc.

As soon as I flashed back to stock rom/radio (1.96.00FW) all my issues went away. I've been problem free since reverting. When the unlocked radio worked it worked great, I was able to use ATT/T-Mobile SIMs (minus data of course). But my phone acted like it was on crack. Staying totally stock until some of these bugs get resolved.

-Mike

PS. I tried setting manually to 'CDMA Only'. In fact that was one of the first things I did when I suspected the radio was faulty. That helped, but didn't make very much of a difference.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I'm in the same boat. I flashed the SIM/Radio unlockers and battery life and performance suffered because it seemed to be trying to acquire a GSM signal inappropriately. As soon as I went back to the stock radio, all is well again. Moral of the story, if you don't have an absolutely need to unlock the radio--- that is, an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card--- don't unlock it!

no, moral of the story is: we'll have to release patched version of stock radio! the one you are using is not the sprint stock radio (1.96), but the latest radio (2.05) that we found in a WM6.5 test rom.

I'm pretty sure the 1.96 patched will work fine. will do this release today sometime!

when it's done, please let me know if it helped.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

ambush276 is a n00b

yes tehre are issues

when switching between GSM and CDMA i get MAJOR lag until i restart my phone..

the GSM network does not auto search..

and i need to manually chose the #777 instead of auto choose so that it can choose between APN and #777...

def,, major issus (it also dies randomly too..)

still great idea though

hopefully radio 2.0 will fix the bugfs!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

It's really odd that there's such a huge variety of issues. Personally, I flashed the newer radio shortly after it was made available and haven't noticed anything off about the phone yet. It's set in global mode and still has plenty of battery after being off the charger since 11am or so.

Hopefully everyone's issues can get worked out.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

cmonex has added the sprint patched radio in her post, check it out and please report, thanks.........

BIG NOTE: if you have the Sprint branded TP2, then after running this SIM/Sec Unlocker, you'll need to flash a patched sprint radio (in other thread) to finish the process.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:47 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by railslave View Post
cmonex has added the sprint patched radio in her post, check it out and please report, thanks.........

BIG NOTE: if you have the Sprint branded TP2, then after running this SIM/Sec Unlocker, you'll need to flash a patched sprint radio (in other thread) to finish the process.

That's an old post from yesterday. That's still the 2.05 radio from the 6.5 test ROM that they patched. Read a couple posts up, she specifically states that they need to patch Sprint 1.96, but haven't gotten around to it yet. All of us who are on Sprint HAVE TO patch the radio to use US GSM, the problem is the only radio available is the 2.05...which again, causes issues.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I just want to say that those with AT&T or T-Mobile SIM cards (justifying the purpose of unlocking the SIM card and radio) probably won't have problems. I didn't try running 2.05 in CDMA only... that may very well fix the issue, but considering I've always run in Global mode before (and it's the default), I'd prefer to not have to worry about it...

On the other hand, but more importantly, if you were misinterpreting the benefits and thought you could somehow use the Sprint SIM to roam on AT&T/T-Mobile, that seems to be flawed logic. It doesn't work that way (which is too bad really), and it was definitely causing ME issues after 2 reflashes and multiple hard resets (which actually made the problem worse, because I was getting Errors trying to provision the data connection) until I went back to the stock radio... a quick PRL update and profile update, and life has been peachy for another 36 hours now.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid - 1.2ghz
Carrier: MetroPCS

goldenu is just getting started

We all do remember that these are just-released devices and that we're doing some serious voodoo to them, right? Early adopter in the tech market ALWAYS involves bugs, trouble, and sometimes serious heartache.

Cmonex will get this worked out, your device will eventually work fine, and if the possibility of bugs is too off-putting to accept, the unlockers, (most) ROMS, and HardSPL's on the Kaiser/Tilt series are quite stable, free, and already work on GSM.

Those of you that came from Touch Pro 1's *know* this device is already vastly more stable than what we came from.

Sooooo...chill, it's gonna work out!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
N00b

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenu
We all do remember that these are just-released devices and that we're doing some serious voodoo to them, right? Early adopter in the tech market ALWAYS involves bugs, trouble, and sometimes serious heartache.

Cmonex will get this worked out, your device will eventually work fine, and if the possibility of bugs is too off-putting to accept, the unlockers, (most) ROMS, and HardSPL's on the Kaiser/Tilt series are quite stable, free, and already work on GSM.

Those of you that came from Touch Pro 1's *know* this device is already vastly more stable than what we came from.

Sooooo...chill, it's gonna work out!
I fully know the reprecussions of beta testing things, and none of what I mentioned should be construed as gripes or dissatisfaction. I just pointed out what bugs I came across so the developers have a platform to start with when it comes time to fix the kinks. That's pretty much what beta and preliminary release testing is all about.

I'm also perfectly happy with the stock rom. In fact, had it not been required to unlock the SIM, I wouldn't even have flashed HSPL as I don't plan to upgrade until the official 6.5 is out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2