PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are You Stickng With Stock Roms Or Flashing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhupong View Post
how do you flash back to stock rom ? where can i get it.

thanks in advance
Are you serious? It's a sticky in the Touch Pro 2 Upgrades forum.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro TWO!
Carrier: Sprint

Beandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

love my mighty rom way better than stock, however its not the same way better than stock as with my touch pro. however removing all of the orange from the stock sprint rom was painful and time consuming. in addition i hate bloatware...dont need sprint nascar for instance. i know your verizon, but it must also come with some proprietary stuff too right?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:54 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arayba View Post
Honestly i have no issues with sms messaging with the hardware keyboard along with being able to go on the net with the hardware keyboard

the home screen is awesome Its soo alive and truly you can make it FOR YOU !!!

No questions ask i love this rom and will never change back ITS too Sweet

Rock on To the LEO energy rom
Does this ROM have contact widgets?...which version are you running?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work

I've tired both of Juicy's versions and now I'm on CFay's rom.

Basically, I just wanted something that had the weather on the today screen, I didn't even know about the animations, that was a plus for me.

Juicy's was great... But I didn't realize how much I use landscape mode, which is the reason I tried CFays. Plus I didnt like the shortcuts/icons on the today screen. I'd much rather a nice wallpaper.

So far CFay's has been great. But then again, I've been off. The true test comes when I go to work.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Google I/O

d33170 is just getting started

Out of the 3 I've tried (MightyMike, NRG Photon 2.1, Juicy) I think NRG has the fastest and most stable ROM. Juicys is #2 and Mighty #3. Juicy's ROM is very reliable but I didn't think it was as snappy as NRGs in which i was mainly looking for in a ROM.. Mighty's ROM was surprisingly slower and less stable than my stock sprint ROM. From all the great reviews I've read about Mighty's Rom, I think I might of installed Mightys incorrectly..but there's no way I'm turning back.. NRGS ROM IS THA BOMB!!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

I always did custom ROMs on all my HTC's(about 15 in total since 2002), last month i had custom roms from here on all three of my phones (T-Mobile HTC Wizard, Sprint HTC Diamond(1) and Sprint HTC Touch Pro). When i got TP2(swap for TP) about 2 weeks ago i was going to unlock and flash custom ROM as i always do, that is untill i tested tethering speed on custom sprint rom, well when i saw those numbers i almost fell out of my chair, huge leap from TP(1), not sure if its due to TP2's different hardware(msm7600) or the stock ROM but needless to say i decided not to test my luck and stick with stock for now. Check out my signature to see what i mean

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

I have sprint tp2 and from what i noticed after testing several Roms is that stock is much more reliable than any other rom out there. With stock rom all i have done is installed the tweaks by good live and the pimp package and nothing beats that. On my TP1 custom roms were much better but on this TP2 stock ROM is perfoming great. If someone knows a better ROm than sprint tp2 stock ROM I am willing to try it but i havent seen anything better as of yet.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

i had my tp2 almost a month now and i think im sticking with sprint stock rom for now.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

i had my tp2 almost a month now and i think im sticking with sprint stock rom for now.
There is nothing wrong with sticking with stock rom there isnt another ROm out there for sprint thats more stable than stock. I would install sprint tweaks by goodlife and check out the pimp package if you havent already.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

I like my ROM like I like my underwear: clean, reliable and changed weekly
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2