PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Re: Are You Stickng With Stock Roms Or Flashing?

I have to admit, Verizon had the best stock ROM ever. I am using MightyROM and while it's awesome, it still has a few bugs in it. I never experienced one bug in the stock Verizon ROM except the usual bugs that were in every version of Windows 6.1.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 11-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

wlawyer is a n00b

I just wanted to say first thanks to the chefs and the unlocker team first. I have been a flasher for a while but lack the time and skill to become a chef myself. This is early in the game I think we are all beta testers pretty much so a few bugs are fine with me. I think I enjoy the entire process really from waiting and complaining about the unlocker release, to finally settling in to a rom 15 versions down the road, snappy and perfect (for me). The process to me is amazing that a community of guys (and gals) can get together and outdo software engineers with millions of bucks behind them for a few beers worth of donations. The chefs need us to flash in order to get the end result we all want/need. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by wlawyer; 11-01-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: my fingers are too fat
Old 11-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ThaManUWanaB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
I gotta say...I said earlier that I wasn't any happier with the roms i had flashed and i had flashed most of them. However, I just flashed Energy ROM Leo the "unstable" version of that one with 6.5.1 and it is such a change that I am in love with it. FTW

BTW, I just sent two MMS' after applying the fix from the NRG FAQ and i just heard my wife's texts come in...havent checked to see if they worked or not.

How unstable is that version?

I tried out the "Beta" version of the EnergyRom Photon and it kept freezing up my phone.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch pro 2

miyagi313 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arayba View Post
Im going to be honest i love my LEO energy rom no issues at all except for the MMS thats it everything else is sweet awesome battery life and over all one of the best !!!

all the extra features that are in the manila 2.5 are just awesome and you see its the little things like that that amazes me ha ha ah anyways yes im happy with my rom and im going to stick to it

Hope this MMs issue gets solved though
I 2nd that. I really like the energy leo rom and sometimes I just use winmo 6.5.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVIL

SundayDuffer is just getting started

I tried the MightyRom for a day, then switched to EnergyLeo...quite happy with it..but i do miss my STOCK... especially the SMS/MMS application...stock looks much nicer than Leo...although My Location on Leo is pretty awesome. I spent quite a bit of time tweaking the Leo to my liking, not quite ready to go back to Stock and re-tweak everything again....i guess i'll stick with Leo for now.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

i was flashing as soon as the HSPL dropped lol
Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaManUWanaB View Post
How unstable is that version?

I tried out the "Beta" version of the EnergyRom Photon and it kept freezing up my phone.
I actually haven't had many problems with it. No freezing at least. The twitter tab occasionally refuses to connect saying there is no data connection when there obviously is. Also, the lack of mms and landscape manila is a definite issue. The no landscape thing actually kept me from trying it and it turns out to be a non-issue for me so far. There are two versions of each the photon and the leo. I used the stable photon version but when I switched to leo I went with the beta/'unstable' version of it. So far other than the issues mentioned above it has been really stable and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
i was flashing as soon as the HSPL dropped lol

I think we probably all were...i know i grabbed it before it was posted here...thanks to whoever it was that dropped the info....wish i remembered who it was...i did thank the post at least
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

ThaManUWanaB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
I actually haven't had many problems with it. No freezing at least. The twitter tab occasionally refuses to connect saying there is no data connection when there obviously is. Also, the lack of mms and landscape manila is a definite issue. The no landscape thing actually kept me from trying it and it turns out to be a non-issue for me so far. There are two versions of each the photon and the leo. I used the stable photon version but when I switched to leo I went with the beta/'unstable' version of it. So far other than the issues mentioned above it has been really stable and fast.
Thanks, I think I may try that one out next after I play around with MightyRom for a few more days.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:23 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I haven't even downloaded the unlocker yet. That's how much I care about custom ROMs on the TP2. lol

I don't know though. Maybe it's the fact that ROM building is all about adding the latest trends instead of offering the most stability with SOME of the new features. I tried probably 10 different ROM makers for a total of 25 or 30 different ROMs on the TP. Some of them were great with the features, but would lock up or sluggishly perform at random intervals.

The stock TP2 ROM has no issues so far for me.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff

I'm jumping into the conversation late, but.......I'm on Sprint and this is the best stock ROM I've ever used...dating back to the early dawn of PPCs. I have the .CABs of everything I need and performance has been great. Let's see what happens with the physical build of the phone down the road.......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2