PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 05:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Telus

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remove outlook from mail tab

Hey all,
Using the NRG Leo rom and was wondering if it was possible to remove the outlook account from the mail tab and leave only the hotmail tab? I don't use outlook and it kind of annoys me, it was the same on the telus stock..the optrion to delete accoutns is there but Outlook is greyed out..anyone got a fix?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Re: Remove outlook from mail tab

All I had to do was not sync the outlook emails w/ my pc.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 11-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

There is no fix... the Messaging app is called "Outlook Mobile" after all...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 View Post
Hey all,
Using the NRG Leo rom and was wondering if it was possible to remove the outlook account from the mail tab and leave only the hotmail tab? I don't use outlook and it kind of annoys me, it was the same on the telus stock..the optrion to delete accoutns is there but Outlook is greyed out..anyone got a fix?
this use to bother me as well, till i found the fix for it...which isn't really a fix, its just knowing how the device works (still took me awhile to figure out).

the outlook mail application is designed for the sync or exchange set up in WM. so its not really needed unless you want that feature and wont appear unless you set it up, intentionally or not. here are some steps to deactivate/delete it. its not permanent, as it can be reactivated if needed by simply setting up a sync or with an exchange server on WM.

1) open activesync
2) select/click on menu
3) select options from the menu list (you should be able to view all the sync setups you have now)
4) select the item that is your outlook mail data...not sure what to actually call it. if i have the computers that i sync to using different names and the outlook mail was always something that stood out.
5) delete that selection from the icon heading. there should be a number of check boxes under it along with the items it was going to sync.

you should be good after that. i hope this was clear enough. if someone knows a better way then please post it.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
this use to bother me as well, till i found the fix for it...which isn't really a fix, its just knowing how the device works (still took me awhile to figure out).

the outlook mail application is designed for the sync or exchange set up in WM. so its not really needed unless you want that feature and wont appear unless you set it up, intentionally or not. here are some steps to deactivate/delete it. its not permanent, as it can be reactivated if needed by simply setting up a sync or with an exchange server on WM.

1) open activesync
2) select/click on menu
3) select options from the menu list (you should be able to view all the sync setups you have now)
4) select the item that is your outlook mail data...not sure what to actually call it. if i have the computers that i sync to using different names and the outlook mail was always something that stood out.
5) delete that selection from the icon heading. there should be a number of check boxes under it along with the items it was going to sync.

you should be good after that. i hope this was clear enough. if someone knows a better way then please post it.

THANKS! Fantastic!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2