PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Media Player & The Backlight Button

When I first got my TP2, I could play music with Media Player and turn off my backlight. Now, whenever I push the button to turn off the backlight the music pauses and I have to go back and start it up again. Has anyone else had this problem? This started happening on the stock ROM and it still does it on the new cooked ROMs. Any suggestions???
Old 11-01-2009, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Media Player & The Backlight Button

Here is a cab for that..
I haven't tested it because mine does keep playing but it has been reported to work.

Give it a whirl.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

just tried that cab it doesnt work
Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Yeah I tried it too and it doesn't work for me anymore either. I'm searching. Its gotta be a registry entry I'm missing somewhere.

I didn't make that cab I posted, I just searched and found it.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Has anyone figured this out yet??? I had it working when I flashed the new Energy Rom, then flashed Juicy R3, then went back to energy and now it doesn't work again!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i found the solution was installing this psshutxp_eng.vga.xscale

install that program run ur music program then open that program and hit display off and there u have it ur music continues
Attached Files
File Type: cab psshutxp_eng.vga.xscale.cab (52.0 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

There is a setting inside Media Player to assign a button to turn off the backlight. I used the star button on my keyboard and just slide out the keyboard enough to press the button when I want to turn the backlight off. (If you open it fully then the light goes back on when it closes)

Mike
Old 11-18-2009, 10:59 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

you may not have your phone provisioned correctly. on verizon, the top button controls the backlight. on sprint, it puts the phone into standby. if you're provisioned for sprint (or any other carrier that is configured like that) you'll have that problem.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
you may not have your phone provisioned correctly. on verizon, the top button controls the backlight. on sprint, it puts the phone into standby. if you're provisioned for sprint (or any other carrier that is configured like that) you'll have that problem.

I definately used the Verizon provisioning... maybe it's getting stuck from the previous ROM??? I did however hard-reset after I flashed the new ROM. Where would the registry settings be for that button map???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2