PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Media Player & The Backlight Button (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93891)

shmackitup 11-01-2009 02:13 AM

Media Player & The Backlight Button

When I first got my TP2, I could play music with Media Player and turn off my backlight. Now, whenever I push the button to turn off the backlight the music pauses and I have to go back and start it up again. Has anyone else had this problem? This started happening on the stock ROM and it still does it on the new cooked ROMs. Any suggestions???

apristel 11-01-2009 02:26 AM

Re: Media Player & The Backlight Button

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a cab for that..
I haven't tested it because mine does keep playing but it has been reported to work.

Give it a whirl.

deadwrong03 11-01-2009 09:22 PM

just tried that cab it doesnt work

apristel 11-01-2009 09:32 PM

Yeah I tried it too and it doesn't work for me anymore either. I'm searching. Its gotta be a registry entry I'm missing somewhere.

I didn't make that cab I posted, I just searched and found it.

shmackitup 11-18-2009 05:21 AM

Has anyone figured this out yet??? I had it working when I flashed the new Energy Rom, then flashed Juicy R3, then went back to energy and now it doesn't work again!!!

deadwrong03 11-18-2009 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i found the solution was installing this psshutxp_eng.vga.xscale

install that program run ur music program then open that program and hit display off and there u have it ur music continues

Gadjetguy 11-18-2009 10:56 AM

There is a setting inside Media Player to assign a button to turn off the backlight. I used the star button on my keyboard and just slide out the keyboard enough to press the button when I want to turn the backlight off. (If you open it fully then the light goes back on when it closes)

Mike

strra 11-18-2009 10:59 AM

you may not have your phone provisioned correctly. on verizon, the top button controls the backlight. on sprint, it puts the phone into standby. if you're provisioned for sprint (or any other carrier that is configured like that) you'll have that problem.

shmackitup 11-18-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 1340032)
you may not have your phone provisioned correctly. on verizon, the top button controls the backlight. on sprint, it puts the phone into standby. if you're provisioned for sprint (or any other carrier that is configured like that) you'll have that problem.

I definately used the Verizon provisioning... maybe it's getting stuck from the previous ROM??? I did however hard-reset after I flashed the new ROM. Where would the registry settings be for that button map???