PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To flash or not to flash

I am really torn here on what to do. I cant believe this but the stock Sprint ROM is amazing, with the cleanup tools it runs amazingly fast and is great. I however would love to get some of the newest features from Sense 2.5.

The main choices are Mighty's which looks great but does not have many of the newest features and then Energy ROM with also looks great but is in beta and has bugs.

Well, going to think about this for a bit, anyone have any input or similar problem?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: To flash or not to flash

I would wait a few days to a week if I were to update. Now that the floodgates have opened and everyone is clambering to update their ROMs more bugs and such will be found faster and updates will be made to fix some of them.

I also would like to update to WM 6.5 just so I can use the Tell Me application to its full advantage, but i'm a little hesitant. Like yourself I also find the stock Sprint ROM very good and have zero problems...I don't want to open the proverbial can of worms.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm gonna hold on to my Sprint Rom for a while, there is nothing wrong with it. Maybe in a few weeks I'll jump to Mighty when most of the bugs are fixed. So far the Sprint Rom is great and I don't see a big reason to upgrade and give myself headaches for no reason.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

richc3 is just getting started

I flashed the other night then reverted back.
There's a few issues that just seem annoying and ideally, you don't want to "discover" any new ones while you may be doing something important.

I'd give it a little bit, not to mention a lot of custom software/graphics doesn't work yet in 6.5. In other words, when I flashed a rom and started installing graphics/software it was trial and error and constant reboots to find out which ones worked and which ones didn't.

There's a lot of great features on 6.5, but at the same time when you hear that 6.5.1 is circulating, you may as well jump to that (lots of current roms are based on 6.5 atm).

Nonetheless, lots of the roms are designed really well and have tons of promise. The more people that use them, the faster the bugs get fixed / discovered.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: go EVO go EVO go..go EVO go..EVO..EVO..

cyespocket is keeping up the good workcyespocket is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to cyespocket

stick to the stock rom..ive been wantin to use rhodium and tflo 2.1..but the one they have on the tp never worked..now that i have the real deal..just want to stay for awhile..till someone release the most legit rom...LOVE LOVE MY TP2..=)
Old 10-31-2009, 12:36 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
I am really torn here on what to do. I cant believe this but the stock Sprint ROM is amazing, with the cleanup tools it runs amazingly fast and is great. I however would love to get some of the newest features from Sense 2.5.

The main choices are Mighty's which looks great but does not have many of the newest features and then Energy ROM with also looks great but is in beta and has bugs.

Well, going to think about this for a bit, anyone have any input or similar problem?

MM you know i back you up but why all these fan boys!?

we all know MM makes some good roms but you guys should try others..

Im a Juicy guy myself ( that sounds kinda sick) but i do try other roms from time to time.

as far as flashing roms.... it all depends on you, i dont like the stock roms.. i dont like stock anything lol i have spend over 10k on my car alone

but anyways.... custom roms offer more IMO ... thing you wont find stock. plus you wont have all the useless apps that carries like to add to the phones

plus you can upgrade to better versions of WM

anyways... you can try it and if you dont like it go back to the stock rom.. mo harm done.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

firechicken1970 is just getting started

IS there a way to back up (image) your current ROM or are people just stuck with having to start from scratch with the stock ROMs? Also is this where to get the Sprint stock CDMA ROM http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90226. Sprint dosent have a gsm version right?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Now Network

sd4shizy is keeping up the good worksd4shizy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sd4shizy

if i could go back i wouldnt. if u have a stock sprint which is amazing with some tweaks then save urself the headache...it is indeed much better than whats out now bro. st8 up.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

killerz298 is a n00b

I want to try some of the new roms but want to come back to my phone EXACTLY the way it was prior to flashing. Is there a program out there that will take an image of my phone exactly how it is (all configs saved, texts, emails, etc...) so that if I don't like a rom, or if I have an issue, I can go back 1,2,3?

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

what are some of the things going on with 6.5 over the stock rom? i see the weather application on the screen is different, but i removed the flip clock, calendar, sprint logo etc... the only thing that has my pda feeling incomplete is not being able to change the RSK. For the people on the fence about changing or has changed what new thing(s) has you moving in that direction?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2