PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

richards108 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What ROM should i flash?

im personally going back to stock. i had mighty rom on my tp2 for about a day and its running a good bitslower then my stock rom did and its driving me nuts lol. but from past experiences im a mightry rom fan all the way
Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would say, you just have to try them. They all have pros and cons, just depends on what you want in a rom. Another thing you may try is get a kitchen and build your own rom. Sorry haven't flashed any roms yet so I can't say for sure which one(s) I like.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: spcs

xtreme571 is a n00b

@OP. actually the best way would be to follow what every1 here is saying. Flash them and find out whats best for you.

I've been a big fan of MightyRom. MightyRom is all I ever had on my TouchPro. On my Touch Pro 2, I installed MightyRom, but I wanted TouchSense just because it had 3 app buttons on home screen. My brouther (who has my TP) said he's been using EnergyRom and its working great. I flashed that, it was great but at times it was slow (maybe something I did, but idk)

Then I went to Juicy. I've had it for about a day now, and its working pretty nice. On home screen I got Time, Weather, Date, Appointment, 3 Apps I use a lot. so That works for me.

I use 3 apps a lot Google Maps, Opera, and Calculator. So I had those as the first 3 apps on the main screen.

Almost all the ROMs work really good, you just have to know which one fits YOU the best.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

stock......
Old 11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

crashdau is keeping up the good workcrashdau is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme571 View Post
Then I went to Juicy. I've had it for about a day now, and its working pretty nice.
I too have tried the EnergyROM's and have switched to the MightyROM currently. The reason for hopping has been the Weather (local choices require me to mod the DB and it is hit/miss) and getting MMS to work.

Question(s)...
Does the MMS working right out of the flash or does it require the follow up cab's?
How is the weather db?
Do you experience a "Connection Error" when you hit update now for added cities?

Thanks for your opinions.

also, running Good Mobile Messaging....crap!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme571 View Post
@OP. actually the best way would be to follow what every1 here is saying. Flash them and find out whats best for you.

I've been a big fan of MightyRom. MightyRom is all I ever had on my TouchPro. On my Touch Pro 2, I installed MightyRom, but I wanted TouchSense just because it had 3 app buttons on home screen. My brouther (who has my TP) said he's been using EnergyRom and its working great. I flashed that, it was great but at times it was slow (maybe something I did, but idk)

Then I went to Juicy. I've had it for about a day now, and its working pretty nice. On home screen I got Time, Weather, Date, Appointment, 3 Apps I use a lot. so That works for me.

I use 3 apps a lot Google Maps, Opera, and Calculator. So I had those as the first 3 apps on the main screen.

Almost all the ROMs work really good, you just have to know which one fits YOU the best.
interesting that you keep saying 3 apps... you do know that you can swipe the screen up and it'll show 6 more app slots, right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2