PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

moosen34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Alright folks after using my new TP2 for a week after coming from TP, Im absolutely loving the ability not to have to charge my phone during the middle of the day when I actually use it. I remember when I first got the TP1, battery life wasnt all that horrible but soon after my battery life began to decline until connecting my phone to a charger during the middle of the day became a requirement.

My new TP2 seems to be able to go 2 full days of regular use, including internet browsing and push email, without a charge. What are the best ways to keep my battery from deteriorating?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff
Re: How do I preserve my TP2's good battery life?

1 way is to not letting battery get to low...I try not letting my battery get below 40%.

Letting the battery get to low causes the cells to burn out faster, Lots of people are misinformed about these batteries, They think these batteries are suppose to go dead before charging again, These batteries don't have memory like old style battteries which means you can charge them anytime.

The truth is they want to be charged as much as possible for a longer life span

Last edited by gutrrob; 11-02-2009 at 04:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Use a screen locker, lower the brightness of your lcd (also don't use auto adjust), lower the amount of time that your lcd stays on when not in use, don't have wifi on all the time, don't use push email or auto weather update feature or auto stock updates for that matter. There are more things but those alone will help quite a bit.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I sort of misread what you said, yes keep it charged often... Buy another battery as well as a stand alone charger so you can just pop in a new battery everday and you don't let it discharge all the way too often.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Toliet Paper 2
Carrier: SpRint

jdmtsx is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: How do I preserve my TP2's good battery life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
1 way is to not letting battery get to low...I try not letting my battery get below 40%.

Letting the battery get to low causes the cells to burn out faster, Lots of people are misinformed about these batteries, They think these batteries are suppose to go dead before charging again, These batteries don't have memory like old style battteries which means you can charge them anytime.

Thanks! I am one of the misinformed people that thought you should drain your battery every once in a while. repped!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

there are many different ways to look at this, but the best way to preserve the battery is to rarely use it. basically always plugged in.
the reason for draining fully is to calibrate the phone and doesn't really have anything to do with the battery. it has built in protection for over/under charge.
the 40% comes from rules for storage. it's best to have the battery ~50% (40-60%) if it's going to set idle for extended periods.

it's my personal optionion is if the battery has 'X' amount of charges, I want to use them all, not use X for the top 50% then have X more with only the botton 50%.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

moosen34 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob

really good info! i was misinformed about this too. I thought that one of the reasons that my original TP battery life turned to garbage was because i kept charging it too often and hooked it up to the car charger while i was driving. im glad you posted

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2