PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sprint Touch Pro 2... My voice goes out for 30 seconds.

I am on my second Sprint Touch Pro 2. When I am in an area with great network coverage or even within my Airrave coverage, sometimes when I am talking to people, my voice just fades out for 30 seconds and then it comes back and I can talk perfectly. I can hear them fine all throughout the call, but they can't hear me for those 30 secs or so. This is happened to me talking to several different people. I first thought that this has to do with Airrave. But, with Touch Pro, I never had this problem and also, this happens with my Touch Pro 2 even when I am outside the Airrave coverage. I have checked to make sure that the signal on my phone at those times is good.

Please tell me... Have you experienced the same? What should I do to fix this? Or should I try getting a third Sprint Touch Pro 2?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2... My voice goes out for 30 seconds.

Did it do the same thing on the first tp2 you had?

Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jake1110 is a n00b

Hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster, lol.

I've also noticed this problem on my Sprint TP2. I've had mine since September 4th and this has happened about four times to me. I live right near a tower and have full bars in my house. My Touch Pro never had this problem either. I've just dealt with it for now but have been searching here for awhile. I'm not sure what's going on and I don't want to go through the hassle of sending my phone back and waiting for another, especially since I've heard there's been many other defects in these phones.

I'll post a solution if I can figure one out, but I'm stumped. Hopefully someone else knows what's going on.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor

Is something activating your voice command? I had this problem in my TP1 if it accidentally got activated, or got screwed up while making a call.

Dave
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ive somehow managed to acquire the bad habit of holding my phone in a way which my fingers sometimes cover the mic port on the bottom. Its usually when im using my left hand to hold the phone up to my right ear.

A couple of my friends have complaid about me sounding 'far away'. And once I realized my posture and moved my finger away from the mic port, all was better again. Im not saying that you guys are as retarded as I am, but it can and has happened to my slow arse.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont know whats wrong with me!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, I don't have voice command set to any of the hard keys and so, I don't that's being activated.

Yes, both my Touch Pro 2's have the same exact problem that I described.

I know its not me covering the mic because when someone tells me that they can't hear me, I have tried moving my phone away from my face and tried talking. But, unless those 30 or so seconds are over, nothing I do gets my voice across to them.

Please help me out. I really love the phone and don't wanna give it up
Old 10-02-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Any suggestions?? I really don't wanna give up on this phone.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87817
Old 10-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2

nabeel21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
I am on my second Sprint Touch Pro 2. When I am in an area with great network coverage or even within my Airrave coverage, sometimes when I am talking to people, my voice just fades out for 30 seconds and then it comes back and I can talk perfectly. I can hear them fine all throughout the call, but they can't hear me for those 30 secs or so. This is happened to me talking to several different people. I first thought that this has to do with Airrave. But, with Touch Pro, I never had this problem and also, this happens with my Touch Pro 2 even when I am outside the Airrave coverage. I have checked to make sure that the signal on my phone at those times is good.

Please tell me... Have you experienced the same? What should I do to fix this? Or should I try getting a third Sprint Touch Pro 2?
I am having the exact same problem. People on the other end of the line have complained that my voice goes out and they cant hear me. I am on Sprint and I have great service in this area. Before this I was using a Treo Pro and it never had this problem. I am sure that the problem is native to HTC PRO 2 -- its not the network or the coverage area.

Any help on this would be appreciated.. otherwise im returning this $350.00 POS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2