PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Why do they make it so hard to remove the back cover on the TP2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93764)

drophats 10-31-2009 01:54 PM

Why do they make it so hard to remove the back cover on the TP2?

I feel like I will break the screen or other parts of the TP2 everytime I try to remove the back cover. Same problem with the Touch Pro. Why can't they make it like the Mogul where they have a small clip to push up to easily remove the cover? :protest:

freeza 10-31-2009 01:58 PM

Re: Why do they make it so hard to remove the back cover on the TP2?

LOL me too, it is highly annoying but good at the same time. at least it would ever "accidentally" fall off ... I guess..

chong67 10-31-2009 01:59 PM

Is is not that bad. You must have slippery or wet finger?

You should try it on the Treo Pro with those shinny slipper backs.

junkiee 10-31-2009 03:25 PM

are you taking the stylus out before you remove the cover? I found it comes off much easier as it doesn't have to lift past the protruding stylus

c0011j 10-31-2009 04:10 PM

I have a screen protector on mine which makes it reall easy to grip with my two thumbs and slide it off... and it doesnt feel even close to hurting it :headbang:
I also keep my thumbs off the middle of the screen and more to the sides.

Superboy007 10-31-2009 04:36 PM

I found a real easy way to slide it out just hold the phone by it sides, camera facing your way and just push the corner right next to usb port up and this way you don't even have to take out the stylus or even touch the screen.

hope this helps

1100101 11-11-2009 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superboy007 (Post 1283453)
I found a real easy way to slide it out just hold the phone by it sides, camera facing your way and just push the corner right next to usb port up and this way you don't even have to take out the stylus or even touch the screen.

hope this helps

Wow, this works really well! I can open the cover with just one thumb. Thanks. :thumbright:

MrGoodCat 11-11-2009 02:46 AM

hmmm, with the screen facing down i simply grip my middle fingers at the top (by the camera) on the black edge of the phone. then put your thumbs at the bottom on the grey part (the cover) and then push your thumbs to your middle fingers and voila, back cover pops off without touching the screen.

flyers2114 11-11-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

hope this helps

Agreed on this...this is the way I have always done it and it works great....

w7excursion 11-11-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

hope this helps

I use the same technique.