PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you planning to use the HardSPL unlocker?
Yes 28 80.00%
No 7 20.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not Flashing

Am I the only person not flashing the phone? I am actually happy with the current ROM and I am willing to wait a few more weeks for the Sprint version of 6.5.

(I'm also afraid I will brick the phone and I cannot afford to lose connection with my customers.)
Old 10-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Not Flashing

Not flashing for now. I will give the stock ROM a try first. I like the 6.1 sprint rom enough that I will wait and try sprints 6.5 out first and if it's as good as this one I will not be flashing any others.

BOO B)
Old 10-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I flashed 20 minutes after the HSPL was released. Already had five ROMs downloaded and ready to go. You don't know what you are missing....
Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

You should add another option : Maybe later when the dust had settled
Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Flashed about 25 1/2 times already.

chong67, your avatar made me hungry.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

LOL there wasn't just two weeks of complaining to pass on the HSPL. I had a ROM on there the second my phone was unlocked. Although I did eventually come back to the Stock ROM, HSPL opens infinite possibilities and i'm anxiously waiting to try them in the form of cooking and flashing my own ROMs!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I did unlock but don't plan to flash off of stock unless there are some significant improvements. So far the stock rom on the TP2 has not disappointed me with the issues I had with the Mogul/TP. The battery life is more than acceptable and it seems to run without any slowdown/hiccups.

The improved scrolling in 6.5 was really the reason I moved to it with the TP but on the TP2 the scrolling in 6.1 is really just as good as I was seeing in 6.5 on the TP so no need there.

Using the HTC Sense UI isn't really important to me as the current version of 2.1 offers what I am looking for (tab orderind and customization).

So, I did unlock (and vote yes), but unless there's a significant move forward in terms of performance or battery life with the custom roms then I really have no motivation to move off of stock.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

How can you flash the phone SO many times and still keep the phone usable? I have everything setup perfectly, my contacts and appts are all stored, MissingSync works with my Mac, and I know USB Modem and WMWifi work without any issues.

To me, flashing the deice is a hobby that can lead to unforeseen issue that could eventually prevent me from having my phone.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterit View Post
How can you flash the phone SO many times and still keep the phone usable? I have everything setup perfectly, my contacts and appts are all stored, MissingSync works with my Mac, and I know USB Modem and WMWifi work without any issues.

To me, flashing the deice is a hobby that can lead to unforeseen issue that could eventually prevent me from having my phone.
one word SASHIMI, google it, can restore virtually everything after a flash or hard reset.

i like you use my phone for business, when i had my tp1 i would flash every 2 or 3 days never lost usability at all. like said b4 u really dont know what ur missin plus u can always go back to stock if u arent happy. follow the instructions and you wont brick your phone.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JSK0703 is a n00b

I admit I was really nervous. The TP2 is my first WinMo phone and I've only had it about a month. But I ran the HSPL and flashed MightRom and I am glad I did it. So much better than my tweaked out stock Verizon 6.1 rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2