PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Not Flashing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93763)

otterit 10-31-2009 01:47 PM

Not Flashing

Am I the only person not flashing the phone? I am actually happy with the current ROM and I am willing to wait a few more weeks for the Sprint version of 6.5.

(I'm also afraid I will brick the phone and I cannot afford to lose connection with my customers.)

BOO B) 10-31-2009 01:52 PM

Re: Not Flashing

Not flashing for now. I will give the stock ROM a try first. I like the 6.1 sprint rom enough that I will wait and try sprints 6.5 out first and if it's as good as this one I will not be flashing any others.

BOO B)

rainfreak 10-31-2009 01:53 PM

I flashed 20 minutes after the HSPL was released. Already had five ROMs downloaded and ready to go. You don't know what you are missing....

chong67 10-31-2009 02:00 PM

You should add another option : Maybe later when the dust had settled

apristel 10-31-2009 02:02 PM

Flashed about 25 1/2 times already.

chong67, your avatar made me hungry.

freeza 10-31-2009 02:03 PM

LOL there wasn't just two weeks of complaining to pass on the HSPL. I had a ROM on there the second my phone was unlocked. Although I did eventually come back to the Stock ROM, HSPL opens infinite possibilities and i'm anxiously waiting to try them in the form of cooking and flashing my own ROMs!

krohnjw 10-31-2009 02:10 PM

I did unlock but don't plan to flash off of stock unless there are some significant improvements. So far the stock rom on the TP2 has not disappointed me with the issues I had with the Mogul/TP. The battery life is more than acceptable and it seems to run without any slowdown/hiccups.

The improved scrolling in 6.5 was really the reason I moved to it with the TP but on the TP2 the scrolling in 6.1 is really just as good as I was seeing in 6.5 on the TP so no need there.

Using the HTC Sense UI isn't really important to me as the current version of 2.1 offers what I am looking for (tab orderind and customization).

So, I did unlock (and vote yes), but unless there's a significant move forward in terms of performance or battery life with the custom roms then I really have no motivation to move off of stock.

otterit 10-31-2009 02:12 PM

How can you flash the phone SO many times and still keep the phone usable? I have everything setup perfectly, my contacts and appts are all stored, MissingSync works with my Mac, and I know USB Modem and WMWifi work without any issues.

To me, flashing the deice is a hobby that can lead to unforeseen issue that could eventually prevent me from having my phone.

redd214 10-31-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otterit (Post 1283153)
How can you flash the phone SO many times and still keep the phone usable? I have everything setup perfectly, my contacts and appts are all stored, MissingSync works with my Mac, and I know USB Modem and WMWifi work without any issues.

To me, flashing the deice is a hobby that can lead to unforeseen issue that could eventually prevent me from having my phone.

one word SASHIMI, google it, can restore virtually everything after a flash or hard reset.

i like you use my phone for business, when i had my tp1 i would flash every 2 or 3 days never lost usability at all. like said b4 u really dont know what ur missin plus u can always go back to stock if u arent happy. follow the instructions and you wont brick your phone.

JSK0703 10-31-2009 03:38 PM

I admit I was really nervous. The TP2 is my first WinMo phone and I've only had it about a month. But I ran the HSPL and flashed MightRom and I am glad I did it. So much better than my tweaked out stock Verizon 6.1 rom.