PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know much about the powermat system?

And is there an integrated case for the Pro2? I have been looking around and haven't seen anything. thanks.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

borntochill is becoming a great contributor
Re: Anyone know much about the powermat system?

Am I the only person who thinks that it's nuts to pay somewhere around $200 for a charging center + the required case adapters to charge 3 handheld devices? I mean, you're essentially making a bet that the Powermat will catch on and that the modified case backs required for it to work with your particular portables will actually get made by Powermat, and that Powermat will be around when you get your next handheld. In a couple years, you could be left with a ridiculously expensive but useless charging brick destined for a landfill.

The concept is neat, but unless an open standard for wireless charging (akin to the way bluetooth is a standard) is developed and then adopted and integrated by handheld manufacturers into their devices, the Powermat is likely to go the way of Betamax.

Here's a review: http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=8536

Last edited by borntochill; 11-21-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: added review
Old 11-21-2009, 07:32 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I agree, borntochill. I laugh when I see the commercial ... "charge you devices wire free" ... yeah, all 3 of them.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I emailed powermat a while back, they are very specifically an iphone charger, like most things out there. For charging a WM device you have to buy the adapter that is essentially a short cable and attachment that then sticks on to the power charging pad. How is that any better than sticking a power cable into the mini-usb port? Really, a silly idea for non-Apple products.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

not really sure there geared for iphony, the add shows a blackberry too. theres another thread on this, lemme find it.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89612

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-21-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Undoubtedly, the Powermat will sell well for a short time to business executives with excessive disposable income, little imagination, and closets full of junk they purchased from The Sharper Image, SkyMall and Brookstone.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntochill View Post
Undoubtedly, the Powermat will sell well for a short time to business executives with excessive disposable income, little imagination, and closets full of junk they purchased from The Sharper Image, SkyMall and Brookstone.
my girl has one and loves it, she doesnt have a clost full of junk either.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

On top of buying the Powermat, don't forget you'll need to spend $30 to $40 per handheld that you wish to charge wirelessly, if there's even a Powermat adapter available for your device.

Amazon reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Powermat-PMM-H...8848864&sr=8-1
Old 11-22-2009, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1454 View Post
And is there an integrated case for the Pro2? I have been looking around and haven't seen anything. thanks.
i looked at it while at best buy... very expensive and requires additional purchases to work, also im almost certain(sp?) that its not compatible with htc... ive been looking at this juicebar solar charger

https://www.solarjuicebar.com
Old 11-22-2009, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Speed_419 is just getting started

I love the concept. Sent Powermat an e-mail asking about getting HTC/TP2 charging adapter like they have for the iPhone/Crackberry. Unfortunately just got the standard BS corporate letter which bummed me out a bit.. I think that this has a serious potential to go huge. I would keep watching it, I know that I am. I would love to see them go public.

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2