PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/)
-   -   Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/93739-sprint-navigation-says-subscription-reqd.html)

Zack515 10-31-2009 12:32 PM

Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
I have the simply everything plan and Nav is included. I tried to use it, and it prompts me to pay $2.99 for 24 hours or $9.99/month. I called sprint and they said this shouldn't be.
I hard reset and it worked. Then I installed:
Microseoft .net framework
The color leo slider
htc addicts clean ram
fim
reg editor
arcsoft 5.0.70.24
htc wi-fi router
and now my navigation is doing the same thing....
Anyone else?

bigirb2002 10-31-2009 12:36 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
your using the wrong version search tp2 navigation cab. its located in energy rom thread also

Zack515 10-31-2009 09:13 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Nope, updated to newest version. No dice. Sprint blows

jpwickl 11-20-2009 08:13 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Mine has been telling me the same thing

w7excursion 11-20-2009 08:30 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Just okay the charge if its apart of your plan. If some how the charge shows up on your bill call and get the credit back for it. Not hard.

almonte7 11-20-2009 10:07 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
not allowing to charge or subscribe again. called sprint want me to bring in phone for diagnostic. i called TeleNav say me subscription is expired and sprint doesn't want to contact telenav. i don't want to bring in my phone i just want sprint and telenav to fix this.

mikejones13 11-20-2009 10:23 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
If you don't want to bring it in, then A. hard reset and see if it still happens or B. go onto your sprint.com account and ADD Telenav to your account or C. call tech support ask to be transferred to either Tier 2 or Tier 3 tech support and they may help.

a_c_s 11-20-2009 10:51 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
I have this issue periodically...I accept the $9.99 charge, never get charged on my bill, and on the occasion it pops up again, I just accept it...I have a feeling it has to do with server refreshes, though not sure if this would be on Sprint's or Telenav's end...in any case, as others have suggested, if accepting the charge works, just do so...I've never actually heard of the charge being disallowed...they do everything in their power to let you charge things so I'm shocked this is even happening...but it sounds like you should try Tier 2 tech support to see if they can reprovision over the air or reset something on their end...a trip to the store would be last resort but possibly necessary...

pesok 11-20-2009 11:11 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
what a_c_s said

almonte7 11-21-2009 12:45 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
i am going to call again and ask for a tier 2 and if i have to a tier3, but the crazy thing is when i go to accept the charges it doesn't not allow me to. it say invalid purchase or some (20006) error and i tried the new telenav 5.5 it tells me to call 8 telenave 9 or something

c0011j 11-21-2009 01:18 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by almonte7 (Post 1349112)
i am going to call again and ask for a tier 2 and if i have to a tier3, but the crazy thing is when i go to accept the charges it doesn't not allow me to. it say invalid purchase or some (20006) error and i tried the new telenav 5.5 it tells me to call 8 telenave 9 or something


There is no Tier 2 or 3. And the sprint rep should be able to speak with telenav.

TheBundo 11-21-2009 04:10 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Is it supposed to be included on SERO?

brnail 11-24-2009 07:55 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
The answer is to call Telenav at 88TELENAV4. I called them and they took care of this problem in about 5 minutes. They said it was a problem with their system receiving notification, which they say was caused by the consumer switching plans or carriers, etc.

Dragon2 11-24-2009 08:05 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
shoot i got sprints telenav to work on my tmobile tp2.....

krid80 11-30-2009 01:26 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
I have had a tech trouble ticket open since Nov 10th about this issue.

They said they would compensate me for my inconviences! They better!

pokerpot 11-30-2009 02:32 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1349382)
Is it supposed to be included on SERO?

Negative, people with sero plans have to pay (old $30 a month sero that is).

JDM_SOHC 02-04-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
I had TeleNav expired error but I called and they fixed it, than I went to sign on and it worked but I got an expiration message in my email saying TeleNav expires in like 3 months..?? So I went to use Sprint Nav and it gives me that option to buy, than invalid purchase error.. Anyone have any insight on this?

Mojary 02-04-2010 08:00 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
link for the thread started a couple of days ago regarding this issue... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...44#post1536144

check out how unitmonster was able to get sprint and telenav on a conference call.

JDM_SOHC 02-04-2010 08:14 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1541784)
link for the thread started a couple of days ago regarding this issue... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...44#post1536144

check out how unitmonster was able to get sprint and telenav on a conference call.

Thanks for that... :)

I just got off the phone with sprint and what I've come to find out is that the Sprint Navigation 2_1_40_0.cab that is clearly listed everywhere to be for the TP2, is not offered by Sprint for the TP2... They use TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18.cab as per Sprint Advanced Tech Support... So now I got my navigation working via TeleNav's navigation, but it leaves the unanswered question of why is there a Sprint Navigation going around for the TP2 if it doesn't work for the TP2 and I got no answer on that other than Sprint doesn't offer it or recommend it... But the other question I couldn't figure out an answer to is why did I get an email about 10 minutes after I got off the phone with TeleNav saying that "Your service is extended to 2010-05-04"..?? So I guess it's another call to TeleNav to figure out what's going on here, but I just wanted to note that it's not a MightyRom issue because UnitMonster is having the same problem as me and he's using Caulkins TP2 ROM...

elmerfudpucker 02-04-2010 08:28 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
The problem is Sprint is contracted for 2.1.4 but is handing out 5.5.18 and Telenav wants to charge for 5.5.18 I had the same nightmare back with my TP. After the sprint rep OTA me a link to 5.5 the first time. I battled both of them 5 different times before they downed me to 2.1. to fix it.

LiquidX 02-04-2010 08:50 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
hey elmer, sprint got rid of the self-service phone repair online, so you might want to take that out of your sig, just an fyi

Mojary 02-04-2010 11:49 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1541823)
Thanks for that... :)

I just got off the phone with sprint and what I've come to find out is that the Sprint Navigation 2_1_40_0.cab that is clearly listed everywhere to be for the TP2, is not offered by Sprint for the TP2... They use TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18.cab as per Sprint Advanced Tech Support... So now I got my navigation working via TeleNav's navigation, but it leaves the unanswered question of why is there a Sprint Navigation going around for the TP2 if it doesn't work for the TP2 and I got no answer on that other than Sprint doesn't offer it or recommend it... But the other question I couldn't figure out an answer to is why did I get an email about 10 minutes after I got off the phone with TeleNav saying that "Your service is extended to 2010-05-04"..?? So I guess it's another call to TeleNav to figure out what's going on here, but I just wanted to note that it's not a MightyRom issue because UnitMonster is having the same problem as me and he's using Caulkins TP2 ROM...

that's good to hear you at least got it to finally work for you. that's kinda crazy what sprint tech support told you regarding the version 2.1.4. reason being that sprint phones are sold with that version installed. and they sure as hell have not done any OTA updates.

which leads me to believe that what elmerfudpucker said is correct. that they roll out their phones with the 2.1.4 version and if somebody have the patience to raise a howl, they will roll out the 5.5.18 version. the real telenav application even though telenav says it's a no no. but at least sprint wouldn't have to deal with you until the account expires again at telenav's end next year.

have you gotten a chance to read through the thread in the link i posted? there are two ways they talk about to prevent your telenav from giving you the "account expired" message. there's also a cab file for the file switchings needed to be done. but make sure you read through the explanation of both solutions. because even though they do the same thing, the cab totally over-writes your sprint nav files with some name switching (to make your phone think telenav is still sprint nav). and the manual one gives you the option to just copy and rename folders. the cab was created by DomSim. the solutions are in pages 2-5.

JDM_SOHC 02-06-2010 10:59 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker (Post 1541850)
The problem is Sprint is contracted for 2.1.4 but is handing out 5.5.18 and Telenav wants to charge for 5.5.18 I had the same nightmare back with my TP. After the sprint rep OTA me a link to 5.5 the first time. I battled both of them 5 different times before they downed me to 2.1. to fix it.

Well the issue I'm curious about now is that 5.5.18 is what sprint texted me as the navigation software for my phone but from what I see/hear it's the TeleNav for the TP1 and not the TP2, which is 5.5.24...?? The Sprint Advance Tech said that the .18 is what I'm supposed to use and I won't be charged, but visually I don't even see a different in .18 or .24 anyways... I just wonder if by using the 5.5.24 version thats offered by TeleNav if they could charge me somehow, even though I get free navigation through my plan..

JDM_SOHC 02-07-2010 01:51 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
edited...

Mojary 02-07-2010 02:21 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1547095)
Well the issue I'm curious about now is that 5.5.18 is what sprint texted me as the navigation software for my phone but from what I see/hear it's the TeleNav for the TP1 and not the TP2, which is 5.5.24...?? The Sprint Advance Tech said that the .18 is what I'm supposed to use and I won't be charged, but visually I don't even see a different in .18 or .24 anyways... I just wonder if by using the 5.5.24 version thats offered by TeleNav if they could charge me somehow, even though I get free navigation through my plan..

i doubt that telenav themselves will charge you because you dont have the nav subscription thru them and they dont have your billing information, sprint does.. unless you have a separate subscription with telenav. the worse that can happen is you will get the "expired" message again. and if there's ever a bill for the nav on your sprint statement, you can always call sprint to get it taken off because your plan includes sprint nav.

JDM_SOHC 02-07-2010 02:25 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1547438)
i doubt that telenav themselves will charge you because you dont have the nav subscription thru them and they dont have your billing information, sprint does.. unless you have a separate subscription with telenav. the worse that can happen is you will get the "expired" message again. and if there's ever a bill for the nav on your sprint statement, you can always call sprint to get it taken off because your plan includes sprint nav.

Yeah I made sure that I wasn't gonna be charged with anything and sprint guaranteed I wouldn't and if I did they'd take care of the charges, so than I should run the 5.5.24 since it's for our phones than right, and not the 5.5.18 that's for the TP1..?? I honestly don't see a difference in either of them, but I'm just not sure of the logistics, if one is meant for the other they should with whatever their made for is what I'd assume..

Mojary 02-07-2010 02:52 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1547448)
Yeah I made sure that I wasn't gonna be charged with anything and sprint guaranteed I wouldn't and if I did they'd take care of the charges, so than I should run the 5.5.24 since it's for our phones than right, and not the 5.5.18 that's for the TP1..?? I honestly don't see a difference in either of them, but I'm just not sure of the logistics, if one is meant for the other they should with whatever their made for is what I'd assume..

yeah i dont think it'll matter which one you use. i didn't see any difference in their website for the tp2 & pro. the .18 & .24 are just versions (.24 being the latest).

Da1stIG 02-07-2010 07:17 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
A simple hard reset worked for me

krid80 02-07-2010 11:15 AM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da1stIG (Post 1547677)
A simple hard reset worked for me

launch it, properly exit it and relaunch it. see if you get the problem again.

JDM_SOHC 02-07-2010 12:31 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1547496)
yeah i dont think it'll matter which one you use. i didn't see any difference in their website for the tp2 & pro. the .18 & .24 are just versions (.24 being the latest).

Yeah I dont see a visual difference whatsoever, so I may just stick with the .18 which sprint said wouldn't expire and not even tempt the other .24 version, thanks for your help brotha.. you've been thanked...

mjoey77 02-07-2010 12:50 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202076


Seems like a common problem

djqwikcut 03-26-2010 05:30 PM

Re: Sprint Navigation says subscription req'd
 
I have this issue NOW with sprint navigation on my TP2.. it wants me to select a service package even though im on the everything plan that comes with it. They texted me the 5.5.18 and told me the version that came with my phone is ONLY a demo and not to use it. I then put 5.5.24 over top and it seems to be working. Should I NOT use the .24 and stick with the .18 ??


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0