PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CorePlayer problem after ROM flash??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
should ask the person who madfe the rom in the cooked rom forum
I did & nobody answered me, that's why I posted it here.

~John
Old 11-01-2009, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't think it is related to a specific ROM. After trying quite a few 6.5 ROMs I noticed that Core Player just does not run as well as on the stock 6.1 ROM. Installing the updated 3D drivers from XDA did help noticeable though; so it is good enough for me at this point. After installing them, I get pretty close to Sprint stock.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorby View Post
I don't think it is related to a specific ROM. After trying quite a few 6.5 ROMs I noticed that Core Player just does not run as well as on the stock 6.1 ROM. .
I agree. I flashed one of the NRG ROM's last night just to test out this specific thing.

The CP performance was every bit as bad with that ROM, so I flashed back to MightyMike 1/2 hour later as I like MM better in every way.

I guess I will live with it for now, WMP/Album plays my rips perfectly & everything else except for CP works perfectly with this ROM.

~John
Old 11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

chetqwerty is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I just tried that & it did make the problem a LOT better but didn't totally eliminate it. Now, I get the blue flash using video out probably every 30 seconds instead of almost constantly.

I will live with it for now & just use WMP.

I drove two hours today in my truck & my Wife watched a DVD rip the whole way using the video out hooked to my 7" DVD/NAV screen. We used WMP & the picture was absolutely perfect.

~John
Hi Jmorton,

A DVD rip that plays with WMP? What codec did you use? The problem I find is that everything that's available through torrent downloads is a DIVX and WMP cant play them. I had been using TCPMP Phenom Omnia Edition which i think is based on CP code and i discovered the same thing you did which is that Mightys rom doesnt like it.

Is there any way to get WMP to play a DIVX file?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetqwerty View Post
Hi Jmorton,

A DVD rip that plays with WMP? What codec did you use? ?
They are h.264 files & they played perfectly in CorePlayer with the stock VZ ROM. They will still play in CP with MM ROM, but the quality is not quite as good & the video out has that blue flashing problem again.

WMP & Album still play them just fine. I don't know if there is a way to get WMP to play DIVX or not, someone else will have to jump in on that one.

~John
Old 11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

at least your album plays them. I tried to open a video with album and it gets real slow and shows no video output. :/

I just started a thread the other night about how on the stock rom the blue flicker was gone and how we can rejoice. I'll have to test this when I get home (I'm on MR as well.) I really hope it aint broke.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I just started a thread the other night about how on the stock rom the blue flicker was gone and how we can rejoice. .
I know, the latest version worked absolutely perfectly for me with the stock VZ ROM. Now, I reflash & the first time I try video out with CP I get that damn blue flash worse than ever.

I don't think it has anything to do with the ROM either, I try NRG Photon & had the same problem.

Other people posted the same thing, it is definitely broken with the new 6.5 ROM's. Installing the advanced 3D drivers does help some, but it doesn't totally fix it.

~John
Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Is there a way to notify CorePlayer of this bug, as it is probably like this on all Windows 6.5 devices?
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

im having the same problem.. I have a feeling it has something to do with manila 2.5.. ive tried the three major roms and they all had the same problem.. Today i noticed that when i disable manila coreplayer plays the videos at full FPS.. and looks beautiful.. so for now when im watchin a movie i just disable htc sense until im done.. thats my workaround for now
Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
Today i noticed that when i disable manila coreplayer plays the videos at full FPS.. and looks beautiful..
I'll have to try that, but does the video out work??

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2