PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint Update PRL & Profile and Custom ROMs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93687)

ProGeek 10-31-2009 03:40 AM

Sprint Update PRL & Profile and Custom ROMs

Ok so I wasted a whole night trying to find the answer to this.

Installing custom rom's that don't have specific carrier support how do we get Sprint Update PRL & Profile back and working?

When you call Sprint CS for any technical support the first they ask is to update these two items on your phone.

There are cabs posted to the site for installing these and they do install but updating them gives you a error code 1012.

Any help on this please....

doc_ee 10-31-2009 03:52 AM

Re: Sprint Update PRL & Profile and Custom ROMs

i know this isnt the answer u want or best answer.... but what i do/did is load the stock sprint rom... update pri/prls. update.. get net working.. check, recheck,, make sure all internet is working properly.. then i flash to my custom ROM...

this happened to me twice back when i had a diamond.. i flashed to Custom Rom and all worked perfect and then after using that freeware wmwifirouter app.. it wrked fine then crapped out.. and took my net with it... i tried to do the updates (prl etc..) manually never got it to work.. after 2 hours.. gave up.. and did what i wrote above..

this is the onlyt answer i can help u with.. try it i know it will work.. :)

w00t w00t

ProGeek 10-31-2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc_ee (Post 1281883)
i know this isnt the answer u want or best answer.... but what i do/did is load the stock sprint rom... update pri/prls. update.. get net working.. check, recheck,, make sure all internet is working properly.. then i flash to my custom ROM...

this happened to me twice back when i had a diamond.. i flashed to Custom Rom and all worked perfect and then after using that freeware wmwifirouter app.. it wrked fine then crapped out.. and took my net with it... i tried to do the updates (prl etc..) manually never got it to work.. after 2 hours.. gave up.. and did what i wrote above..

this is the onlyt answer i can help u with.. try it i know it will work.. :)

w00t w00t

Let me get this right in my head:

I flash back to stock rom
Update PRL and Profile
Make sure internet and data is working and recheck

Now here is where I got confused:
How do I flash PRL and Profile to custom rom?

pokerpot 10-31-2009 04:06 AM

Just wait til someone posts a fix for stock prl... few days and you'll be ok.

ProGeek 10-31-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerpot (Post 1281920)
Just wait til someone posts a fix for stock prl... few days and you'll be ok.

Thanks for the help, I have little more understanding now...

ACHlLLES 10-31-2009 04:13 AM

How do we even check the PRL w/ custom roms?

I don't see it in device info.

doc_ee 10-31-2009 04:15 AM

doh u understood wrong.. lol... or maybe i understood ur question wrong... u want to update prl because something is not working on your phone? for ex.. ur internet?? ur calls?

ProGeek 10-31-2009 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc_ee (Post 1281937)
doh u understood wrong.. lol... or maybe i understood ur question wrong... u want to update prl because something is not working on your phone? for ex.. ur internet?? ur calls?

All is working I was just curious about the importance of PRL and Update Profile. I mean its on the original rom for a reason and Sprint does interact with them when updating or contacting technical support.

doc_ee 10-31-2009 04:22 AM

oh ok.. lol... never really needed them only when i first activate a phone on my account to get internet working and stuff... im sure they wil be a cab to have it on phone..

lol sorry i assumed ur net wasnt working or sumthing wasnt and thats y u needed to update prl..

ProGeek 10-31-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc_ee (Post 1281946)
oh ok.. lol... never really needed them only when i first activate a phone on my account to get internet working and stuff... im sure they wil be a cab to have it on phone..

lol sorry i assumed ur net wasnt working or sumthing wasnt and thats y u needed to update prl..

Thanks Doc for your help, where were you 6 hours ago when my girlfriend was yelling "You wanna touch that damn phone all night or me!" I chose the phone....Yes That Was Stupid! :)