PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Virus in Unlocker? detected by McAfee (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93671)

robpeal 10-31-2009 12:13 AM

Virus in Unlocker? detected by McAfee

I cant install the unlocker or even unpack it. I get a Trojan detection by McAfee on windows 7!
McAfee has automatically blocked and removed a Trojan.
About this Trojan
Detected: Artemis!334B90E1589A (Trojan), Artemis!334B90E1589A (Trojan)
Location: C:\Users\Rob\Downloads\New folder\RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_01R2.exe
Trojans appear as legitimate programs but can damage valuable files, disrupt performance, and allow unauthorized access to your computer.

fishingmedic 10-31-2009 12:14 AM

Re: Virus in Unlocker? detected by McAfee

It's not a virus, just shut down mcAfee for a few minutes and let it run. Comnex notes it in her post and others have commented on it. I just shut mine down to dl the HSPL and started it again, no problems.

robpeal 10-31-2009 12:16 AM

Weird cause i did a search on her post first for trojan and virus and came up with nothing... didn"t want to be a nOob

doc_ee 10-31-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Steps:
1) download newest RhodiumW Hard-SPL package and extract this to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!! the device needs to be connected to Activesync or WMDC via USB cable. and it must not be in Flight/Airplane mode (i.e. the phone part should be on).
3) internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and for the license.
4) run Rhodium-HardSPL.exe on your PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). running it on XP requires Admin logon, and Vista/Windows 7 will automatically prompt to allow it to run in Admin mode, so allow it please.
important: if you get an antivirus warning, please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it). if you encounter DEP errors, then add it to the exception list in DEP settings.
5) follow steps as prompted in the Hard-SPL program. if this is the first run of Hard-SPL on a device after hard reset, you must select Automatic flash mode (the first button in Welcome screen).
quoted from Cmonex 1rst POST on the unlocker.. says ...

"important: if you get an antivirus warning, please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it). if you encounter DEP errors, then add it to the exception list in DEP settings. "

fishingmedic 10-31-2009 12:19 AM

No prob bro, let 'er rip and have a blast, then try to figure out which ROM to try first!!! I'm not used to flashing a HTC device to I read, re-read and then re-read again!

tobeychris 10-31-2009 12:21 AM

Explained by Cmonex as said above. No virus :)