PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to: Physical Camera button...

I assigned Camera.exe in \Windows\ to my double press start menu button. I found today that while in the camera app, if I double tab the key (basically attempt to launch camera again) it takes a photo. So the same shortcut key you use to launch it is used to take the picture.

For KB control, install sdkcerts.cab and RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA.cab (in that order) and assign a key to launch camera.exe (the settings are at start>settings>system>keyboard options.) Options are long key press, double press, or click. Always assign click to "default key action" if you're not gonna do anything with the default click function.

I saw a thread a while back asking if this was possible and tonight I found a solution accidentally. If this has been posted please forigve me. The search didn't find it.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:25 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: How to: Physical Camera button...

you can actually make it do more stuff
like i have long press of volume up open the camera
one press of volume up in camera takes a picture
long press of volume down in camera exits the camera program

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:29 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
you can actually make it do more stuff
like i have long press of volume up open the camera
one press of volume up in camera takes a picture
long press of volume down in camera exits the camera program
not a bad idea

i guess this was discussed in another thread?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

yea there were a few threads about it.
actually pressing the "enter" button on the hard keyboard takes a picture
so if you program a button to emulate "enter" when it's in the camera program it will also take a picture
i'm using rhodium keyboard controller 1.4, it's great because you have have buttons do different things in general or only in certain programs
Old 11-25-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just put a shortcut to the camera on my home screen on SPB Mobile Shell.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

i like having a hardware key to bring it up, you never know when you need to suddenly take a pic
Old 11-25-2009, 09:39 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I just put a shortcut to the camera on my home screen on SPB Mobile Shell.
This comment shows me you didn't read what we're discussing. I'm not just talking about launching the camera, but using a physical button to take pictures
Old 11-26-2009, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
This comment shows me you didn't read what we're discussing. I'm not just talking about launching the camera, but using a physical button to take pictures
Not only that, but putting a shortcut on the desktop in SPB Mobile Shell (like I said) launches it just as quick and easy as if you had a hardware button (just no hardware button to take the picture).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:15 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Not only that, but putting a shortcut on the desktop in SPB Mobile Shell (like I said) launches it just as quick and easy as if you had a hardware button (just no hardware button to take the picture).
thats great to know, thanks to adding to the discussion.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:23 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

Not everyone uses SPB Mobile Shell. For people still using Manila 2.1 (like me) you can't put shortcuts on the home screen (like in Manila 2.5). Having a physical button launch the camera is great for me. Another benefit is you can launch the camera from any window or app. Meaning if I'm using another program and I see something I quickly want to snap a pic of, I can just long press my volume up button get to the camera and just press the volume up button to snap the pic! Using the volume up button as a camera button is great because I can just flip the phone upside down and it feels just like a standard digi cam.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2