PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/)
-   -   build os questions!!?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/93649-build-os-questions.html)

Adrianh85 10-30-2009 11:41 PM

build os questions!!??
 
is there a way to pull any of this new tp2 content into build os?

raidzero 10-31-2009 12:09 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
well you could just make the exts into OEMs (I do not know of a converter) and they should work in buildOS.


but who am I to say, I still haven't produced a working rom for tp2! lol

rstoyguy 10-31-2009 12:28 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Adrianh85 10-31-2009 02:15 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1281098)
well you could just make the exts into OEMs (I do not know of a converter) and they should work in buildOS.


but who am I to say, I still haven't produced a working rom for tp2! lol

if i know how to do that i would have no problem putting the work in!! can some one who has worked on the ones in the past hand some knownledge???!!!

raidzero 10-31-2009 09:57 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1281755)
if i know how to do that i would have no problem putting the work in!! can some one who has worked on the ones in the past hand some knownledge???!!!

I do not know of a tool but you can manually do it. an OEM contains an RGU (for reg entries) a DSM, which contains dependency/version information, both of these files must have the same name but .RGU and .DSM extention. the name is a hexadecimal number. for example: 80410518-4ef2-428c-8b47-4cb5a79e4c5b. this is called a GUID. the dsm and rgus must be in this naming format. I prefer to start my GUIDs with fffffffff- that way my OEMs are processed last. EXTs are processed alphabetically, OEMs are processed by GUID. just rename an EXT app.reg into GUID.RGU and create a blank file called GUID.DSM (you most likely will not need to put any information in it, but if you do there is DSM_editor. OEMs do not have subdirectories (except of course for modules), so put all your files in the root of the OEM, rename app.dat initflashfiles.txt. that is pretty much it for converting ext to oem. This can probably be scripted in batch without too much trouble.

edit: turns out I did make a booting tp2 rom I just didnt give it long enough to boot lol man this thing takes forever to do the first boot..

Adrianh85 10-31-2009 10:17 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1282164)
I do not know of a tool but you can manually do it. an OEM contains an RGU (for reg entries) a DSM, which contains dependency/version information, both of these files must have the same name but .RGU and .DSM extention. the name is a hexadecimal number. for example: 80410518-4ef2-428c-8b47-4cb5a79e4c5b. this is called a GUID. the dsm and rgus must be in this naming format. I prefer to start my GUIDs with fffffffff- that way my OEMs are processed last. EXTs are processed alphabetically, OEMs are processed by GUID. just rename an EXT app.reg into GUID.RGU and create a blank file called GUID.DSM (you most likely will not need to put any information in it, but if you do there is DSM_editor. OEMs do not have subdirectories (except of course for modules), so put all your files in the root of the OEM, rename app.dat initflashfiles.txt. that is pretty much it for converting ext to oem. This can probably be scripted in batch without too much trouble.

Thanks, so basically i have to do this for every piece of software!!? ok so what about the other files? when i look at the stuff for the tp i also see(in build os)


sys_21210_192dpi_0409
i assume is the system files for os verison 21210 @192 dots per inch(vga @640x800)


A rar that says Devicename_core
i dont know what that is


and device_drivers

and i assume that PPCkitchen_OEM_VGA file cannot be used and i need wvga software for the device


im willing to make this work even if i have to go it myself just need some insite and help from people that have done this and have experence!!!

any other knowledgable staff or member please pm me or post ur insite

raidzero 10-31-2009 10:33 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
1 Attachment(s)
are you using ppckitchen? I have never seen any sys with names like that, then again I am only experienced in old buildos, visual kitchen and platformrebuilder. I suggest you dowload a SYS that is for 480x800 (it will probably be in VK format, if it is use my SYS converter to convert it to buildos format), put it in your SYS, in OEM, put the following (from a stock tp2 rom dump)

Code:

BuildInfoPkg
ConfigAP
ControlBlock
ExtendedPkg
ExtraFilesPkg
FotaTestPkg
GSM01Package
GSM02Package
GSM03Package
GSM04Package
GSM05Package
GSM06Package
GSM07Package
OperatorPkg
OperatorPkg_PT
ShadowPkg
UpdateBlock
X0
X1
X2
X3
X4
X5
X6
X7
X8
X9
.VM
Dummy FWUPDATE
Dummy SQM
OEMAPPS
OEMDrivers
OEMMISC
OEMOPERATORS
OEMVersion
OEM_DPI_192
OEM_Lang_0409
WinCENLS_WWE

this is all that is required to boot, along with SYS and XIP.

once you get it booting then you can convert your packages and add them one at a time, since buildos is funny about stuff like duplicate files... good luck

edit, one mor thing if you have sqm and fwupdate in your sys you can remove them, or remove the dummies from OEM, one or the other

Adrianh85 10-31-2009 11:02 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
so i can use any sys files the are for 480 x 800? and what is xip?

raidzero 10-31-2009 11:09 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1282297)
so i can use any sys files the are for 480 x 800? and what is xip?

xip stands for execute in place, it is the closest thing to BIOS on PC, but for the phone. it is what boots the phone, its the kernel of the OS. in laymans terms, it is the ROM folder in the kitchen. and yes any SYS that are for 480 x 800 will work.

sometimes you will find ALL_RESV_ALL_RESH, this contains all resolutions so will have to weed out anything that is not DPI_192, like DPI_96.. or RESH240_RESV320. leaviung only DPI192 and 480x800.

you sound pretty new to cooking so I have to ask... why not use a newer kitchen? they have many benefits and are a bit easier. buildOS is a thing of the past.. it cannot even take advantage of the WM 6.5 native kernel! (I think..)

Adrianh85 10-31-2009 11:51 AM

Re: build os questions!!??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1282323)
xip stands for execute in place, it is the closest thing to BIOS on PC, but for the phone. it is what boots the phone, its the kernel of the OS. in laymans terms, it is the ROM folder in the kitchen. and yes any SYS that are for 480 x 800 will work.

sometimes you will find ALL_RESV_ALL_RESH, this contains all resolutions so will have to weed out anything that is not DPI_192, like DPI_96.. or RESH240_RESV320. leaviung only DPI192 and 480x800.

you sound pretty new to cooking so I have to ask... why not use a newer kitchen? they have many benefits and are a bit easier. buildOS is a thing of the past.. it cannot even take advantage of the WM 6.5 native kernel! (I think..)

have never been able to make the new style kitchens work right!! and i didnt know about not being able vto use 6.5 native kernel!! this info can also help someone who wants to learn to become a chef like myself!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0