PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Has any SPRINT user paid for and tried the Oli-Pro SIM Card unlocker? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93645)

wphend00 10-30-2009 10:21 PM

Has any SPRINT user paid for and tried the Oli-Pro SIM Card unlocker?

And does it work?

ajac 10-30-2009 10:22 PM

Re: Has any SPRINT user paid for and tried the Oli-Pro SIM Card unlocker?

not out yet

jdmtsx 10-30-2009 10:27 PM

still waiting on us network radios.... should be an hour or so....from what i heard

redd214 10-30-2009 10:35 PM

november 1st huh?... lol

j/p

SkunkApe 10-30-2009 10:44 PM

forgive my ignorance..... i know what there is to know about unlocking the phone and using custom roms, but not very familiar to what unlocking the sim card does. Would like to get more familiar with it. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Boo Boo 10-30-2009 10:46 PM

best place to post is the cooked forums

EGOvoruhk 10-30-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex (Post 1274309)
sprint US networks: it needs more than sim unlock but we already solved it in theory, implementation is in progress

This is from the unlock thread...

lafester 10-30-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1280990)
best place to post is the cooked forums

LOL. actually the best place is in one of the 100 sim unlock threads.

sim unlocking is to allow us sim cards like att or tmobile to work in your phone. i believe this may also affect radio flashing.

EGOvoruhk 10-30-2009 11:00 PM

[19:57] <@cmon_pleasewait> sprint unlock works
[19:57] <@cmon_pleasewait> we'll release in a bit..

[19:57] <Nali> ok so I can buy and download sprint unlock?
[19:57] <@cmon_pleasewait> Nali: in a few mins

TNTRMSKD 10-30-2009 11:11 PM

Yeah, they updated their website. This was the part of the whole fiasco I personally was interested in (don't really care about HSPL). I tried to purchase on their site, but after hitting pay with paypal, I got the message to try back in 1 hour. And...that's what I'll do, lol.

krohnjw 10-31-2009 12:33 AM

Just picked it up - worked quite well. RUU hung on 97% for a bit loading the radio but completed.

The GUI is quite easy to use. Will test with a prepaid SIM sometime this week most likely.

spectheintro 10-31-2009 12:36 AM

So what exactly does it do? As far as I understood, the Sprint SIM wasn't locked, it just wouldn't use US GSM towers. Does their software affect the radio, or what? How exactly does it work?

krohnjw 10-31-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectheintro (Post 1281508)
So what exactly does it do? As far as I understood, the Sprint SIM wasn't locked, it just wouldn't use US GSM towers. Does their software affect the radio, or what? How exactly does it work?

The software unlocks the SIM as well as applies a patched radio so that US GSM carriers can be used as well as different radios flashed (if so desired).

spectheintro 10-31-2009 12:44 AM

Ok, gotcha--so, without the additional unlocker, can other radios not be flashed? I was under the impression that the only "lock" on Sprint's SIM was the radio--that the SIM itself was not carrier-locked, but that the phone's radio simply refused to pick up any cell tower with a US-GSM code.

Rafy0003 10-31-2009 01:07 AM

So this is out? I have tried to use my Dec number but has some error about Sprint network's blah blah blah, Another reason to hate Sprint huh? Is this out so I can try this?

jdmtsx 10-31-2009 01:11 AM

The word is its done straight from the horses mouth

racolon 10-31-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafy0003 (Post 1281724)
So this is out? I have tried to use my Dec number but has some error about Sprint network's blah blah blah, Another reason to hate Sprint huh? Is this out so I can try this?

Have you tried your IMEI number? Located under settings/ Device Information.

I have not tried just wondering...

Scientific 10-31-2009 03:09 AM

sprint SIM unlocker works perfectly....for both AT&T and T-Mobile!

banzaiwolfe 10-31-2009 03:13 AM

Worked fine for me as well, haven't been able to try an actual T-Mobile or AT&T SIM though at this point. I was able to see both networks however.

secondhandsmoker 10-31-2009 03:18 AM

I just got my verizon unlocked. I used imei from phone, not meid on paper label.

Rager02 10-31-2009 03:35 AM

you can buy and all but you will have to wait for the unblocked radios

banzaiwolfe 10-31-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1281835)
you can buy and all but you will have to wait for the unblocked radios

They already released one...

dallastx 10-31-2009 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe (Post 1281874)
They already released one...

Patched Radio for Sprint Customers..This has to be used in order for Sim Unlocker to work. You will need HSPL, SIM Unlocker, Patched Radio...........You have to Run Sim unlocker first to disable Security.
Get Patched radio here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578659

Rafy0003 11-02-2009 04:49 PM

I have tried this and am able to make calls from At&T and tried Tmobile as well and it worked, Has anyone successfully had Data working on At&t or Tmobile?

Young_breedent 11-02-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafy0003 (Post 1290949)
I have tried this and am able to make calls from At&T and tried Tmobile as well and it worked, Has anyone successfully had Data working on At&t or Tmobile?

i haven't tried data yet, i have a pre-paid t-mobile sm card and i don't have data on that. Phone calls and text works perfect though :mrgreen:. I think data will work you just need to set of the connection.

Rafy0003 11-02-2009 04:54 PM

Yea that's what I thought, Do they sell Prepaid Data/Text/Call Sim cards?

DarkLord 11-02-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1290959)
i haven't tried data yet, i have a pre-paid t-mobile sm card and i don't have data on that. Phone calls and text works perfect though :mrgreen:. I think data will work you just need to set of the connection.

on the pre-paid t-mobile, is that a 30 day only? i'd like to find one that has like 1000 minutes on it with no time limit for using it.

Young_breedent 11-02-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1290974)
on the pre-paid t-mobile, is that a 30 day only? i'd like to find one that has like 1000 minutes on it with no time limit for using it.

it actually last for 90 days and then you have to purchase more minutes. They have an unlimited pre-paid option for like 50 or 60 a month that includes minutes and text, no data i believe. I have an sprint everything plan so i don't need that. I only have the pre-paid line for people i don't want to have my other number lol

DarkLord 11-02-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1291012)
it actually last for 90 days and then you have to purchase more minutes. They have an unlimited pre-paid option for like 50 or 60 a month that includes minutes and text, no data i believe. I have an sprint everything plan so i don't need that. I only have the pre-paid line for people i don't want to have my other number lol

90 days would be good for sure. how many minutes did you get and how much was it (if you don't mind me asking)?

Young_breedent 11-02-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1291025)
90 days would be good for sure. how many minutes did you get and how much was it (if you don't mind me asking)?

It was $10 for the sim card and it comes with 10 minutes lol, then i bought 130 minutes for $25. The minutes are ridiculous honestly but i will barely use it. Just nice to have it there when i do need it. They have 2 option though pay as you go and pay by the day. Depending on how much you will be using the phone the pay by the day may be better.

DarkLord 11-02-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1291053)
It was $10 for the sim card and it comes with 10 minutes lol, then i bought 130 minutes for $25. The minutes are ridiculous honestly but i will barely use it. Just nice to have it there when i do need it. They have 2 option though pay as you go and pay by the day. Depending on how much you will be using the phone the pay by the day may be better.

oh my. yes, that is rediculous. but you're right. it's not like i need two numbers that are both unlimited. i'm thinking i can give my creditors the sim number.. ha..

Young_breedent 11-02-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1291077)
oh my. yes, that is rediculous. but you're right. it's not like i need two numbers that are both unlimited. i'm thinking i can give my creditors the sim number.. ha..

Yeah i definitely don't need the t-mobile data that is much slower then my sprint data, and as i mention earlier i will only be using this number sometimes. With the pay by the day plan you do have free night and weekends though and mobile to mobile.

DarkLord 11-02-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1291126)
Yeah i definitely don't need the t-mobile data that is much slower then my sprint data, and as i mention earlier i will only be using this number sometimes. With the pay by the day plan you do have free night and weekends though and mobile to mobile.

thanks for the info. i'm supposed to be getting the sim unlocker today (according to cmonex, if she hasn't forgotten about me).

ruskiyab 11-02-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wphend00 (Post 1280884)
And does it work?

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1291012)

That's what Google Voice is for ;)

Young_breedent 11-02-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskiyab (Post 1291239)
Yes

That's what Google Voice is for ;)

yeah google voice is nice but i get a little more out of this. Now i have both gsm and cdma, i pretty much will always have service. If i don't have service google voice does me no good, and with the prepaid number it can't be tracked back to me :)....for reason i don't need to mention but yeah i actually have 3 numbers sprint, t-mobile, and google voice