PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

downtick is keeping up the good workdowntick is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about the keyboard sliding

I just got the TP2 like 2 days ago. It seems there is a piece of plastic on each side when you slide the keyboard open. I have opened it and shut it maybe 20 times so far and now the sticky piece of plastic on each side is starting to fold up. It is now preventing me from closing the keyboard. Anyone know if it is ok to remove these 2 pieces of what appears to be tape from each side? I removed them from my 2 sides completely, as I had no choice. Anyone know?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Question about the keyboard sliding

You're fine, that's packaging.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Remove them. Also there is one on the back of the screen.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:56 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I took them off ... I considered it part of the packing for shipment.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

I took them off too. Its nothing serious.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Threadstarter

downtick is keeping up the good workdowntick is keeping up the good work

I don't think it is packaging. I know my old ppc-6800 had them too. I removed them eventually and then I had problems with the keyboard shortly after. If it were packaging, I would think HTC would tell you to remove them. In any event, they are gone now..Just hope I don't have any keyboard issues as a result. This thing is brand new and I know sprint would not hesitate to send a refurb my way for a replacement in the event of issues.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

It is packaging thats why they leave the little tabs sticking of the side so you can easily pull them off and also why they are just barely sticky enough to make it through shipping let alone stay on during use.

Any how I saved mine. I always save the packaging for resale purposes
Old 10-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtick View Post
I don't think it is packaging. I know my old ppc-6800 had them too. I removed them eventually and then I had problems with the keyboard shortly after. If it were packaging, I would think HTC would tell you to remove them. In any event, they are gone now..Just hope I don't have any keyboard issues as a result. This thing is brand new and I know sprint would not hesitate to send a refurb my way for a replacement in the event of issues.
did you see the size of your user manual... They even offer a pdf file for instructions. They can't possibly list every step you need to unpack your phone... I didn't see anywhere instructions about removing the rubberbands from my charger cable either. But somehow I figured it out. The OP's question is legit. It has thrown several of us. I think the color of the phone and the plastic make it look like they belong there. However, they are the same plastic that comes on your camera lens. It's packing.
lol.
sorry to flame you.
p.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

You can take the plastic piece off. The only problem is after alot of sliding the keyboard you will start to see scratch lines in that area.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it's the anti buggin device...now the NSA IRS ICE CIA FBI will be able to watch you pee.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2