PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/)
-   -   Seidio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/93592-seidio.html)

Mayonesa 10-30-2009 05:41 PM

Seidio
 
http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfil...HTP2S-BK-2.jpg


Pre order! Shipping begins the week of 11/9/2009


I know many of you have used them on your Touch pro. i have been looking forward to the holster more than anything but i may get this.





http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr2htp2s-bk.htm

AZTECHKA 10-30-2009 05:44 PM

Re: Seidio
 
I like that battery cover. It's very clean.
p.

Nooby 10-30-2009 06:43 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Is this just the battery cover or does the case also cover some of the front view?

What is the difference between this and the combo other than price?

AZTECHKA 10-30-2009 06:47 PM

Re: Seidio
 
I pulled up the webpage for you.

"
The Innocase Surface provides an amazingly thin layer of protection without adding the excessive bulk of other cases. It consists of a front and back piece that fit your phone precisely, and Seidio's signature soft touch finish provides a great feel and better grip without attracting lint.
- 1mm thin case provides scratch protection without adding much bulk
- Made from high quality polycarbonate plastic
- Features Seidio's signature soft touch coating
- Felt liner on inside to protect your phone from scratches
- Precision cutouts for ports and controls

- Compatible with our Innodocks "

dfshadow 10-30-2009 07:21 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Won't the speakerphone quality suffer as a result of it being covered up?

AZTECHKA 10-30-2009 07:29 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Hard to tell The speaker holes look adequate and it probably hass the mic holes on the side and front. I like the looks. But I will probably pass on it... I can't have my phone aby thicker than it already is.
p.

coolshock1 10-30-2009 07:32 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1279956)
- Felt liner on inside to protect your phone from scratches


I thought they weren't putting in the felt? I'm glad they added it.

Claude9039u 10-30-2009 07:33 PM

Re: Seidio
 
I have used them for every phone I have had starting with the pcc6700. It has been a very strong and good product. Now for the bad news the one for the touch pro was junk. The cover for the face of the phone scared the edges of the screen and the back cover tabs broke off in 2 places. In the end I did not care about the screen as the cover, covered the the area that was scared by it. The back battery cover I ended up using double sided tap to keep it in palce. In the past I have loved there covers and was always shocked when I took off the cover to see the phone looked like it just came out of the box. Can't say the same for what the touch pro looked like when I took the cover off. To be honest it looked like crap!!. Now would I use it again? Yes only because I really like the clip holster! And the phone is well protected for sure. I just hope that they heard the complaints from the touch pro and addressed them on the TP2!

Mayonesa 10-31-2009 12:42 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfshadow (Post 1280032)
Won't the speakerphone quality suffer as a result of it being covered up?


its not covered up... the speaker is where the open area is...

dfshadow 10-31-2009 12:46 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayonesa (Post 1281547)
its not covered up... the speaker is where the open area is...

i guess it's not meant for us sprint users then

stratusinda804 10-31-2009 12:54 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfshadow (Post 1281580)
i guess it's not meant for us sprint users then

from the pic it should work with ours (sprint tp2)...if you take your back off and hold it to some light you will see the cut outs for the speaker phone...its 4 boxes on one side of the camera lens cover and 3 on the other....the rest of the orange mesh must be for looks....im sure there will be a hole for the Straight Talk mic also cant tell from that pic

dfshadow 10-31-2009 12:56 AM

Re: Seidio
 
sweet!

Mayonesa 10-31-2009 01:11 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stratusinda804 (Post 1281623)
from the pic it should work with ours (sprint tp2)...if you take your back off and hold it to some light you will see the cut outs for the speaker phone...its 4 boxes on one side of the camera lens cover and 3 on the other....the rest of the orange mesh must be for looks....im sure there will be a hole for the Straight Talk mic also cant tell from that pic



your right... most of all the holes are for show... the speaker is new to the camera in the exposed area of the cover..

dfshadow 10-31-2009 01:13 AM

Re: Seidio
 
don't forget your 10% off code HAW10 until Nov 2nd

BK111968 10-31-2009 10:15 AM

Re: Seidio
 
I'm still waiting for the holster/case combo so I'll pass on this one. I've been using thier products since I got my 6700 and moved up to the 6800. I seriously hope these don't have the same issues as I did with my 6800 cases with regards to the tabs breaking off the top cover.

Thanks for posting it up

Mayonesa 10-31-2009 12:21 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BK111968 (Post 1282334)
I'm still waiting for the holster/case combo so I'll pass on this one. I've been using thier products since I got my 6700 and moved up to the 6800. I seriously hope these don't have the same issues as I did with my 6800 cases with regards to the tabs breaking off the top cover.

Thanks for posting it up



no problem.... i still dont know if i will get the convo. i didnt use the case with my touch pro but i did use the holster and i wouldnt use anything else... i had to get something in the mean time but as soon as the holster drops im getting that for sure...still debating about the case

i have full body protection right now ( phantom minus the sides) so i may stay like that


dont know yet

spaceboy 11-01-2009 08:52 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfshadow (Post 1281746)
don't forget your 10% off code HAW10 until Nov 2nd

The HAW10 code comes up as not valid.

dfshadow 11-01-2009 09:38 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceboy (Post 1285742)
The HAW10 code comes up as not valid.

weird

http://www.seidioonline.com/Articles...54&Click=55523

shteigun 11-01-2009 09:55 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceboy (Post 1285742)
The HAW10 code comes up as not valid.

I just used... was waiting for the clip case to come out before ordering the battery to avoid paying shipping twice but with this coupon it basicly made it free shipping! Thanks for the tip!

jathomas0910 11-01-2009 10:51 AM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch pro2: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

dang, i wish i would have known about this before i brought the Verizon holster

Mayonesa 11-01-2009 09:39 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jathomas0910 (Post 1285924)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch pro2: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

dang, i wish i would have known about this before i brought the Verizon holster


i would upgrade to this... its worth it, i looked at the verizon one and it doest look good IMO

Mayonesa 11-02-2009 11:20 PM

Re: Seidio
 
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-...r2htp2s-bk.htm


http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfil...HTP2S-BK-2.jpg


http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfil...3HTP2SAS-2.jpg


they can now be pre ordered

JokeZony0u 11-02-2009 11:48 PM

Re: Seidio
 
just ordered mine since today's the last day for the 10% off. 50.85 total w/ cheapest shipping.

Mayonesa 11-02-2009 11:53 PM

Re: Seidio
 
i just ordered mine as well... i wasnt sure if i wanted the case but i ended not getting it... just the holster


it would be a pain to have to take the back of the case off to get to the reset button since its under the batt cover.

i have a screen protector on plus the back protector... couldnt get the sides on...... so i think im fine.... the screen is my main worry and its covered


cant wait to get it.

JokeZony0u 11-02-2009 11:57 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayonesa (Post 1292538)
i just ordered mine as well... i wasnt sure if i wanted the case but i ended not getting it... just the holster


it would be a pain to have to take the back of the case off to get to the reset button since its under the batt cover.

i have a screen protector on plus the back protector... couldnt get the sides on plus im not too worried about it. so i think im fine.... the screen is my main worry and its covered


cant wait to get it.


Crap I didn't think about removing the back for soft resets...

ajac 11-02-2009 11:59 PM

Re: Seidio
 
come on 2800 to 3000k mah battery!

stevedusa 11-03-2009 12:03 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Just FYI, the 10% coupon "HAW10" expires tonight.

P.S. just ordered the combo pack and the 1750 battery for my Sprint TP2.

jmorton10 11-03-2009 12:12 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JokeZony0u (Post 1292551)
Crap I didn't think about removing the back for soft resets...

install one of the soft reset apps & drill a small hole in the cover over the reset button

~John

JokeZony0u 11-03-2009 12:12 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 1292579)
Just FYI, the 10% coupon "HAW10" expires tonight.

P.S. just ordered the combo pack and the 1750 battery for my Sprint TP2.


I hear mixed reviews on the 1750...supposedly its worse than the original

Mayonesa 11-03-2009 12:20 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1292608)
install one of the soft reset apps & drill a small hole in the cover over the reset button

~John


i use xdashutdown for my normal soft resets


and i really dont want to drill a hole on the cover... i saw tread... didnt like it

JokeZony0u 11-03-2009 12:29 AM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayonesa (Post 1292630)
i use xdashutdown for my normal soft resets


and i really dont want to drill a hole on the cover... i saw tread... didnt like it


AND it'd have to go through the case too..difficult task

Mayonesa 11-03-2009 07:38 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JokeZony0u (Post 1292666)
AND it'd have to go through the case too..difficult task


yeah too much for me... so im staying simple

bostonshaker 11-03-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Seidio
 
I would not recommend anything that says innocase from Seidio. Not only did the tabs break shortly after I got it, the dust and such collected inside and scratched and pitted the phone. I had this for my Diamond and I had talked to a lot of people who have this problem.

I will not be buying one of these under no circumstances. The body glove case is a little bulky, but seems to protect better.

jmorton10 11-03-2009 08:45 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonshaker (Post 1295588)
The body glove case is a little bulky, but seems to protect better.

I agree, I have the body glove on my phone now.

The thing is, it is not a little bulky -it's huge. The BG makes your phone WAY bigger than any innocase & a lot of people will not like it for that reason.

I am actually only using 1/2 of the body glove setup. I love the back, I like the rubbery grip & it fills my hand perfectly. I didn't like the fit/look of the front all that much & removed it & put the front from a clear case setup on it.

~John

bostonshaker 11-03-2009 08:49 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1295640)
I agree, I have the body glove on my phone now. The thing is, it is not a little bulky -it's huge.
~John


Yes, I stand corrected, it is huge.

jmorton10 11-03-2009 08:51 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JokeZony0u (Post 1292551)
Crap I didn't think about removing the back for soft resets...

I'm just curious, how often do you actually have to do that??

I have had my TP2 since the day they came out. I customized the hell out of it & now I'm running Mighty's ROM.

My phone hasn't frozen up yet, I have never had to remove the cover to do a reset. I did drill a hole for that, but now I'm wondering why as I've never used it.

I reset it constantly with the XDA shutdown app, but it has never frozen up requiring the back removal.

~John

bostonshaker 11-03-2009 08:53 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1295680)
I'm just curious, how often do you actually have to do that??

I have had my TP2 since the day they came out. I customized the hell out of it & now I'm running Mighty's ROM.

My phone hasn't frozen up yet, I have never had to remove the cover to do a reset. I did drill a hole for that, but now I'm wondering why as I've never used it.

I reset it constantly with the XDA shutdown app, but it has never frozen up requiring the back removal.

~John


I use the reset cab myself. Never had to remove the back with that cab.

dfshadow 11-04-2009 04:03 PM

Re: Seidio
 
HTP210 is the new 10% off code til nov 11th

https://www.seidioonline.com/Articles.asp?ID=154

bmrisko 11-04-2009 04:07 PM

Re: Seidio
 
I had the Body Glove case on for a day and then took it off The feel is great, but why the heck did they have to make it so huge! So far all the hard case options for this phone suck.

Mayonesa 11-04-2009 04:33 PM

Re: Seidio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonshaker (Post 1295690)
I use the reset cab myself. Never had to remove the back with that cab.


to flash a rom.. tri color screen


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0