PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Calendar Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93514)

PPCFreak 10-30-2009 11:30 AM

Calendar Question

Is there anyway to mark or color code the appointments in the calendar on the month view?

Its been driving me nuts just to see the triangle in the corner and not have some definition to the triangle (color coded for different categories for example).

Thanks.

coldheat06 10-30-2009 12:14 PM

Re: Calendar Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 1278641)
Is there anyway to mark or color code the appointments in the calendar on the month view?

Its been driving me nuts just to see the triangle in the corner and not have some definition to the triangle (color coded for different categories for example).

Thanks.

Yes you actually can but you have to use Outlook. Once you create the appointment in Outlook you can assign an "Label" to it that has different colors.

You can also custom the color of Labels in Outlook by going to your calendar and then clicking on "Calendar Coloring".

Once you make the changes in your Outlook Calendar and then Sync up your phone up your TP2 calendar will show the same colors on the left hand side.

Hope this helps

AZTECHKA 10-30-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldheat06 (Post 1278784)
Yes you actually can but you have to use Outlook. Once you create the appointment in Outlook you can assign an "Label" to it that has different colors.

You can also custom the color of Labels in Outlook by going to your calendar and then clicking on "Calendar Coloring".

Once you make the changes in your Outlook Calendar and then Sync up your phone up your TP2 calendar will show the same colors on the left hand side.

Hope this helps

Oooooohhhh.... YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!
I was just going to say that.
Just kidding. I was curious so I came in to see what answers were given and that was very informative. I may not use it much as I don't categorze too much. But good to know...
I hit the thanx button.
p.

PPCFreak 10-30-2009 02:36 PM

So there is no way to do this at the Phone?

I currently am not sycning to Outlook on my PC so am hoping there is a way to do it via phone calendar.

I do have my calendar events setup with different categories, just would like to see the diff colors now.

Thanks.

msh441 10-31-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldheat06 (Post 1278784)

Hope this helps

OK... I've made custom labels and sucessfully sync'd Outlook w/my phone... but on the phone the colors still show up as various shades of blue. Not the colors I assigned in the labels. I think the blue shades are associated with "Busy", "Tenative" or "Free" status I assigned in the appointments.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?