PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TF3D Sprint Music Tab not loading timely (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93429)

Blueboy 10-29-2009 11:56 PM

TF3D Sprint Music Tab not loading timely

Long time lurker here so I guess it's about time to just jump in. :D

I just got a (Sprint) Touch Pro 2 after a long line of HTC products. Very familiar with the device and X-Dev site and modifying them.

I did a search but didn't find anything on this topic - if I'm wrong, please point me in the right direction. My problem is that when I slide to the Sprint Music tab it takes more than 4 minutes before anything is displayed on the screen. I suppose it's loading my music library(4GB's on the storage card), but I'm hoping that it's not. Even after the music is showing and I slide to another tab, then back again, it still takes the 4 minutes to show up again. Gawd forbid I should start the music and slide to another tab and need to shut the music off quickly. :cussing:

I installed tnyynt's SD Card Tune up, hoping it would speed things up, but I didn't notice any difference.

Any helpful information is sincerely appreciated! Great forum!

Blueboy 11-01-2009 05:17 AM

Re: TF3D Sprint Music Tab not loading timely

Anyone out there? :D

fishingmedic 11-01-2009 08:49 AM

I think most people are busy flashing ROM's and tweaking the new versions. I personally haven't used the Sprint music tab, but I have to imagine it's prob related to the amount of music on there. Have you tried using Nitrogen or any other music player? I've used Nitrogen and it's a much better player IMO. Good luck!!

DarkManX4lf 11-01-2009 08:52 AM

It doesn't happen to me. Once my library loaded and I slide to another tab and back to music, it takes like 3-4 seconds to load.

Have you tried to soft reset?

fishingmedic 11-01-2009 09:51 AM

Darkman, how many gigs of music do you have, 4 gigs is a heck of a lot.

dmb60614 11-01-2009 10:09 AM

i've got around 3.5 gigs on an 8 gig card. it probably takes 10+seconds to load the first time and several more seconds to start playing a song after i press play. going back to the tab it probably takes around 5 secs to show up. something definitely seems wrong with a 4 minute wait, but i dont know what that would be. do other players like s2p have long load times?

Blueboy 11-02-2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 1285739)
I think most people are busy flashing ROM's and tweaking the new versions. I personally haven't used the Sprint music tab, but I have to imagine it's prob related to the amount of music on there. Have you tried using Nitrogen or any other music player? I've used Nitrogen and it's a much better player IMO. Good luck!!

Thanks for the reply! I'll check it out - anything has to be better than this!!

Blueboy 11-02-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf (Post 1285743)
It doesn't happen to me. Once my library loaded and I slide to another tab and back to music, it takes like 3-4 seconds to load.

Have you tried to soft reset?

Yeah - I soft reset all the time, due to all the messing around I do with the registry and stuff. :D Appreciate the feedback... a new player or maybe deleting some music will help.