PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprizzzzint

nesta17 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth / Wifi on with fewer clicks?

Is there any way to create a shortcut to turn on Bluetooth or Wifi on / off with less than four clicks? I had shortcuts on my TP1 but they don't work on the Pro2.

I always criticize the iphone for having too many steps to turn on Bluetooth (and no removable battery, and no wireless sync ability etc) and now the Pro2 takes the same (four) as the iphone.

I reviewed the thread to remap keys but it seems quite complicated. I really just want to toggle bluetooth on/off. I don't understand why this isn't present on all phones. Seems like a very useful feature.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Re: Bluetooth / Wifi on with fewer clicks?

Try AEB button, you can remap any of the hardware keys to do just about anything and bluetooth is an option. Double tap my up volume up and the blue tooth turns on.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Please search as this has been asked and answered a few times. Here are two threads to point you in the right direction:

Post Your Keyboard Config

BT Toggle on TP2?

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The wifi switch you used on your tp will work... unfortunately the bluetooth one won't.
From an off position I just pop my keyboard... then hit the communicator button combo and click bluetooth. Not one click but otherwize you would have to turn it on, hit start and select the shortcut. Another idea is to get a key mapper and program one of thekeys to turn on your bluetooth.
p.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

I just tried to the AEB that I recommend (didnt think it would not work) but it does not seem to work! lol anyone else having trouble with AE button?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO (but no 4G yet!)

shappy0869 is keeping up the good workshappy0869 is keeping up the good work

In Mobile Shell 3.5 I can place a shortcut to my Communication Manger on my home screen (circled in red) and from there it is just one touch to activate BT or Wifi.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I dont know what the heck is up with AE button. Not working for me and causing some strange errors. I just downloaded this: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...th-toggle.html

Going to place it right at the top of the start menu
Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

lol just tried this and it doesn work either! What gives!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Please search as this has been asked and answered a few times. Here are two threads to point you in the right direction:

Post Your Keyboard Config

BT Toggle on TP2?

Neither of those threads answer the question. The OP said he doesn't want to remap the keyboard and the other thread goes in a different direction and never gets to an answer.

It seems there is no toggle program for the Widcomm stack yet ... at least none that I have seen yet. I am also using Mobile Shell 3.5 and have a widget to get to the comm manager then turn on BT, then close out comm manager ... so 3 clicks. Hopefully there will be a toggle program for the Widcomm stack soon.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesta17 View Post
I reviewed the thread to remap keys but it seems quite complicated. I really just want to toggle bluetooth on/off. I don't understand why this isn't present on all phones. Seems like a very useful feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Neither of those threads answer the question. The OP said he doesn't want to remap the keyboard and the other thread goes in a different direction and never gets to an answer.

It seems there is no toggle program for the Widcomm stack yet ... at least none that I have seen yet. I am also using Mobile Shell 3.5 and have a widget to get to the comm manager then turn on BT, then close out comm manager ... so 3 clicks. Hopefully there will be a toggle program for the Widcomm stack soon.
Actually he said it seemed complicated. I posted two threads, one of which contained not only the remap program, but a preconfigured xml so that most of the complication would be removed.

@Nesta17 If the you would like I can post another XML that contains nothing but the BT toggle assigned to whatever key you want (I prefer it as a long press of the back key). Then all you have to do is install the app, load the xml and off you go.

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 10-29-2009 at 07:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2