PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bluetooth / Wifi on with fewer clicks? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93351)

nesta17 10-29-2009 04:43 PM

Bluetooth / Wifi on with fewer clicks?

Is there any way to create a shortcut to turn on Bluetooth or Wifi on / off with less than four clicks? I had shortcuts on my TP1 but they don't work on the Pro2.

I always criticize the iphone for having too many steps to turn on Bluetooth (and no removable battery, and no wireless sync ability etc) and now the Pro2 takes the same (four) as the iphone.

I reviewed the thread to remap keys but it seems quite complicated. I really just want to toggle bluetooth on/off. I don't understand why this isn't present on all phones. Seems like a very useful feature.

gianthobbit 10-29-2009 04:50 PM

Re: Bluetooth / Wifi on with fewer clicks?

Try AEB button, you can remap any of the hardware keys to do just about anything and bluetooth is an option. Double tap my up volume up and the blue tooth turns on.

WisdomWolfX 10-29-2009 04:56 PM

Please search as this has been asked and answered a few times. Here are two threads to point you in the right direction:

Post Your Keyboard Config

BT Toggle on TP2?

AZTECHKA 10-29-2009 05:02 PM

The wifi switch you used on your tp will work... unfortunately the bluetooth one won't.
From an off position I just pop my keyboard... then hit the communicator button combo and click bluetooth. Not one click but otherwize you would have to turn it on, hit start and select the shortcut. Another idea is to get a key mapper and program one of thekeys to turn on your bluetooth.
p.

gianthobbit 10-29-2009 05:03 PM

I just tried to the AEB that I recommend (didnt think it would not work) but it does not seem to work! lol anyone else having trouble with AE button?

shappy0869 10-29-2009 05:14 PM

In Mobile Shell 3.5 I can place a shortcut to my Communication Manger on my home screen (circled in red) and from there it is just one touch to activate BT or Wifi.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4686/screen001o.png

gianthobbit 10-29-2009 05:43 PM

I dont know what the heck is up with AE button. Not working for me and causing some strange errors. I just downloaded this: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...th-toggle.html

Going to place it right at the top of the start menu

gianthobbit 10-29-2009 05:49 PM

lol just tried this and it doesn work either! What gives!

meatgel 10-29-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1276009)
Please search as this has been asked and answered a few times. Here are two threads to point you in the right direction:

Post Your Keyboard Config

BT Toggle on TP2?

Neither of those threads answer the question. The OP said he doesn't want to remap the keyboard and the other thread goes in a different direction and never gets to an answer.

It seems there is no toggle program for the Widcomm stack yet ... at least none that I have seen yet. I am also using Mobile Shell 3.5 and have a widget to get to the comm manager then turn on BT, then close out comm manager ... so 3 clicks. Hopefully there will be a toggle program for the Widcomm stack soon.

WisdomWolfX 10-29-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesta17 (Post 1275981)
I reviewed the thread to remap keys but it seems quite complicated. I really just want to toggle bluetooth on/off. I don't understand why this isn't present on all phones. Seems like a very useful feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatgel (Post 1276222)
Neither of those threads answer the question. The OP said he doesn't want to remap the keyboard and the other thread goes in a different direction and never gets to an answer.

It seems there is no toggle program for the Widcomm stack yet ... at least none that I have seen yet. I am also using Mobile Shell 3.5 and have a widget to get to the comm manager then turn on BT, then close out comm manager ... so 3 clicks. Hopefully there will be a toggle program for the Widcomm stack soon.

Actually he said it seemed complicated. I posted two threads, one of which contained not only the remap program, but a preconfigured xml so that most of the complication would be removed.

@Nesta17 If the you would like I can post another XML that contains nothing but the BT toggle assigned to whatever key you want (I prefer it as a long press of the back key). Then all you have to do is install the app, load the xml and off you go.