PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Palmjob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You want a performance boost - Go Simple

Ditch TouchFlo and forget SPB Mobile Shell. Go simple and use the normal WM 6.1 Today screen. Enhances the entire device. No more 15 minute lags and soft resets.
K.I.S.S.

Cheers,
John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Re: You want a performance boost - Go Simple

Yeah, but then you're stuck back in 2005 WinMo. Screw that. I have Mobile Shell and i don't get bad enough lag to ruin the experience. It's actually quite fast. And i don't soft reset for days, so not sure what the big deal is there...

If you reduce your device to just the today screen, you're not exactly enhancing the device. These newer interfaces extend functionality to a new level... Basic today screen is retired.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blkout01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmjob View Post
Ditch TouchFlo and forget SPB Mobile Shell. Go simple and use the normal WM 6.1 Today screen. Enhances the entire device. No more 15 minute lags and soft resets.
K.I.S.S.

Cheers,
John

I've being doing this for while now. I simply run the reg winmo screen w/o any touchflo. I will every once in a while turn on touchflo but I don't really care for it anyway. Battery life and general operations run smoother it seems by doing this as well.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

imkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good work

How much does it cost?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
K.I.S.S.

Cheers,
John

I agree with John... If you want to go fast you have to keep it simple and light. That's why today after work I'm going home and I am going to remove the air conditioning, all the interior upholstery, seats, carpet, glove box door, heck... all the doors (with windows), trunk lid, hood, windshields, and I am taking my sawzall to my roof pillars, yapp...taking that off too. Yeah... my car will be uncomfortable and not safe... But it WILL be a heck of alot faster. He is absolutely right. If you don't care about useability or looks and you want preformace... go stock windows. And if you want even more preformance... just run windows by itself and no other programs. Screamer!
lol.
John... Just bustin' your babaloons bro.
p.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I tried this, as I hate Touch Flo on this device and find myself resetting constantly (and this is a new TP2 which replaced a refurb already), but when I tried to go to the old system, the device would not work properly...it would boot up but then nothing would respond...ended up having to reset and back to Touch Flo until I can unlock and flash, which will hopefully make a big difference...having to soft reset on this device SUCKs with the button on the inside... idiotic design...
Old 10-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

"Let's make it barely usable in accessing your data fast, but it will be flying"
Old 10-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Palmjob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
John... Just bustin' your babaloons bro.
p.
No problem. BELIEVE ME I'm used to it.

I just need this thing to be reliable and quick. I do alot of On-Call work and need to be able to go into my calender and contacts while in a call and I can't tell you how many times the damn thing would lock up during a phone call.
Now - no problems and I've got some better info apps on the Today screen. And, I think we all need to face it that the kernal of WM goes back to Windows CE so (mostly) fancy doesn't work real well.

K.I.S.S.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
K.I.S.S.

Cheers,
John
Good job, not being sarcastic either, I'll stick with my tf3d though.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

i've been a SPB Shell user forever!! I must say Tflo is nice and all but SHell is faster in my eyes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2