PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

hceuterpe is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pro 2 with Sero, rebates and other pricing

I'm kicking myself for missing the "special pricing" on the $199 deal. But I think it's a fluke that wasn't supposed to have happened, hence it was shutdown so quickly, especially for SERO users.

I've come to the conclusion that Sprint phones just cost more to offset the lower priced plans. Considering the Touch Pro right now is $299 after rebates, that sucker barely dropped, even though it's outdated! So it doesn't seem like the TP2 will drop mch.

In terms of getting it for less than $349, it sounds like you guys are a bunch of really smooth talking con artists on the phone, along with some gullible rep. Am i right? Plus I'm not sure I care for that hassle and I've only been a SERO customer for 2 years--the plan just expired. I don't have some sort of 10+ year customer loyalty, or multiple plans topics people use with retentions, so I'm thinking I'm gonna get a lotta frustrating "No's".

That $100 rebate seems to be limited for regular Sprint customers, and not SERO customers. Nowhere it lists "SERO" plans. The rebate are available for EPRP customers, but that doesn't list SERO either. Seems like SERO customers can't get the $100. Sure you can fill out the paper work, but what happens after? So I must ask, has anyone actually gotten their rebate check for a SERO customer with a Tp2?

I have a Mogul now that's totally on it's last leg. The keyboard is barely usable, and due to certain circumstances, I have an even greater use for it. But the keyboard hinders it. Plus the limited technology I've found really makes it a lackluster device... So it's gotta go, and soon.

Either way if I find out my $100 rebate doesn't go, that's like $480 with tax and extends my contract for 2 years. Considering a phone can be on eBay for $409, with a 2-year coverage plan for $40, without the rebate, it seems silly to go through Sprint...

Thoughts?

Last edited by hceuterpe; 10-26-2009 at 01:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Re: Pro 2 with Sero, rebates and other pricing

I'm on SERO. Just got an e-mail not too long ago saying rebate's being processed now. If you have insurance, claim insurance on your Mogul, I'm pretty sure you'll at least get a Touch Pro out of it
Old 10-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

SERO + Rebates work fine. I've had a rebate on every phone I've purchase from Sprint while on SERO over the past couple of years.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

I got the phone @ 199.99 and got the rebate as well....and I am on SERO.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

hceuterpe is becoming a great contributor

I never got insurance. Not worth it, and buy the time the phone went bad, well I also realized the phone BLOWS.

You've actually received a CHECK in hand, right?

Also which rebate is it that I need to send in? The regular ones, or EPRP one?

I'm best of calling telesales?

...dare I ask how much did you all pay for your phones?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Don't get too hung over on the price you paid. You bought the phone to make yourself happy so enjoy it. I'm sure more chances to rip off sprint will come by in the future.

If it makes you feel better, I'm into gaming laptops which usually cost upwards of 3-4k in initial year it comes out, but the price falls to about half or more towards the end of new models coming out. Do I know this will happen? Yes, but I buy it to enjoy it and abuse the crap out of it until I get a new one.

P.S. I have 3 laptops right now lol.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609

Last edited by ACHlLLES; 10-26-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

im on the 30 sero plan and i got the phone for 189.00 and i got my rebate check last week man i love sprint
Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

i am happy with paying 350... i bought way more than 350 dollars worth of fun. that's the way i like to think. SERO just makes me happy
Old 10-26-2009, 06:46 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Another unsatisfied customer. Be happy that you have sero. And I got my tp2 for $199 after three $50 credits and after MIR. Im no con artist,I just told them the truth. The touch pro 1 cost me $199 cause I got the MIR credited to my account. That was the Bestbuy price at the time when I bought my phone and Sprint did price match. The MIR will work. What can I scam sprint out of next?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

I got the $100 rebate and a $150 credit applied to my account. I am on Sero.

To top it off, I ordered the phone from my wife's plan which had it's contract expired and was eligible for the $150, and I activated that phone on my account.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2