PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2, best battery life of WM devices?

Im a little shocked at my battery life on this device. I've had it for less than a week, but so far it seems to outperform my TP by far!

8 hours of mild usage, push email, phone calls, surfing the net, NFL Mobile Live, 30 mins of using Garmin XT, etc etc ..... and after 8 hours I still have 75% battery life. Which seems strange because according to NueCPL, I have a discharge of 287.

Anyone else getting great battery life?
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP2, best battery life of WM devices?

So far, my TP1 was actually better (!) I don't know if it is because I have been playing with it too much (new phone you know the drill haha) or if something is wrong with mine.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea, Ive got excellent battery life...... I want the leo but I dont see how its 1230 mah battery will compare to this...... Tp2 for the win...
Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

I am getting great battery life too, especially if i dont use my bluetooth headset to listen to music all the time. Even with a few hours of music, texts and emails through out the days, it's been holding up quite well. I charge once daily.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

Yeah, I used to carry an extra TP battery with me. I had a car charger, a charger at work, and 3 in the house (depending on where I was). And I attend college football games and I always have to swap out the battery @ the 2nd quarter (I think the phone is searching in my pocket). Well... yesterday I attended a game... I went the entire drive to the game (3 hours), then tailgating for a few hours, the entire game, and then about an hour into the drive home I hit 20% so I threw it on the charger. And this was all awhile texting the wife, my brother texting another games score, and me checking the internet for scores.

NOT BAD!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

I think the most tp2 users can agree that the tp2 battery performs way better than the tp1. As much as I play with my phone and use it so much more now because of the larger screen, my phone sits on the charger half as much as my tp1 did.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely up there.

Actually, in terms of battery life, the Snap/Ozone/Intrepid/Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2 and even Pure get very good battery life.

Some of that is WM6.5, which helps a lot, for others it is the 1500mAh battery which seems to be the sweet spot.

Either way, it's a common trait with recent WM devices that I'm very happy about.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Definitely the best wm phone device I've owned as far as battery life is concerned!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjodotcom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I think the most tp2 users can agree that the tp2 battery performs way better than the tp1. As much as I play with my phone and use it so much more now because of the larger screen, my phone sits on the charger half as much as my tp1 did.
I wish this was the case for me, I get pretty much identical battery life between the TP1 and TP2 =(
Old 10-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

watchcricket is a n00b

I agree. The best so far I have seen in a windows mobile device. I am getting almost an hour talk time, 20 hours device usage and 20 hours standby time before it's time to recharge!! Amazing!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2