PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2, best battery life of WM devices? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92571)

SporkLover 10-25-2009 07:20 PM

TP2, best battery life of WM devices?

Im a little shocked at my battery life on this device. I've had it for less than a week, but so far it seems to outperform my TP by far!

8 hours of mild usage, push email, phone calls, surfing the net, NFL Mobile Live, 30 mins of using Garmin XT, etc etc ..... and after 8 hours I still have 75% battery life. Which seems strange because according to NueCPL, I have a discharge of 287.

Anyone else getting great battery life?

HTCotta 10-25-2009 07:22 PM

Re: TP2, best battery life of WM devices?

So far, my TP1 was actually better (!) I don't know if it is because I have been playing with it too much (new phone you know the drill haha) or if something is wrong with mine.

Dragon2 10-25-2009 07:23 PM

yea, Ive got excellent battery life...... I want the leo but I dont see how its 1230 mah battery will compare to this...... Tp2 for the win...

neodarksaver 10-25-2009 07:24 PM

I am getting great battery life too, especially if i dont use my bluetooth headset to listen to music all the time. Even with a few hours of music, texts and emails through out the days, it's been holding up quite well. I charge once daily.

lifeuw19 10-25-2009 07:25 PM

Yeah, I used to carry an extra TP battery with me. I had a car charger, a charger at work, and 3 in the house (depending on where I was). And I attend college football games and I always have to swap out the battery @ the 2nd quarter (I think the phone is searching in my pocket). Well... yesterday I attended a game... I went the entire drive to the game (3 hours), then tailgating for a few hours, the entire game, and then about an hour into the drive home I hit 20% so I threw it on the charger. And this was all awhile texting the wife, my brother texting another games score, and me checking the internet for scores.

NOT BAD!

themuffinman 10-25-2009 07:25 PM

I think the most tp2 users can agree that the tp2 battery performs way better than the tp1. As much as I play with my phone and use it so much more now because of the larger screen, my phone sits on the charger half as much as my tp1 did.

Malatesta 10-25-2009 07:30 PM

I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely up there.

Actually, in terms of battery life, the Snap/Ozone/Intrepid/Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2 and even Pure get very good battery life.

Some of that is WM6.5, which helps a lot, for others it is the 1500mAh battery which seems to be the sweet spot.

Either way, it's a common trait with recent WM devices that I'm very happy about.

freeza 10-25-2009 07:34 PM

Definitely the best wm phone device I've owned as far as battery life is concerned!

mjodotcom 10-25-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1264146)
I think the most tp2 users can agree that the tp2 battery performs way better than the tp1. As much as I play with my phone and use it so much more now because of the larger screen, my phone sits on the charger half as much as my tp1 did.

I wish this was the case for me, I get pretty much identical battery life between the TP1 and TP2 =(

watchcricket 10-25-2009 07:52 PM

I agree. The best so far I have seen in a windows mobile device. I am getting almost an hour talk time, 20 hours device usage and 20 hours standby time before it's time to recharge!! Amazing!!