PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2, best battery life of WM devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
yea, Ive got excellent battery life...... I want the leo but I dont see how its 1230 mah battery will compare to this...... Tp2 for the win...
HTC HD2 uses Snapdragon which has extremely low voltage/power usage. As technology advances and processors get stronger they also work to get them more power efficient.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

jambaj0e is a n00b

My battery life is pretty bad =/ I'm getting on a moderate use about 20% after 10 hours. I'm hoping that I can get another battery.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I haven't had enough winmo devices to say its the best, but from the devices I've had, it would perform the best out of the ones I have had.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Threadstarter

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely up there.

Actually, in terms of battery life, the Snap/Ozone/Intrepid/Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2 and even Pure get very good battery life.

Some of that is WM6.5, which helps a lot, for others it is the 1500mAh battery which seems to be the sweet spot.

Either way, it's a common trait with recent WM devices that I'm very happy about.
mala brings up an excellent point. The Smartphones without keyboards usually do get great life (no touch input system to power, as well as less layers of screen to backlight).

Regardless if it is the best..... it is better than my Apache, Mogul, Touch Pro, and Diamond! I haven't had it on the charger since 8AM and it is sitting at 60%....and I am still using it!
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-28-2009, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2

jathomas0910 is a n00b

I agree, the best battery life of any windows phone I ever had, and I have had a lot, ecept for an old HP one I had that had an 200mhz proccessor, and I finger bang my phone all day, and I have push email accounts...but the crazy thing is my sprint touch pro2 out last my friends HTC Snap, I would think his would be better and they both use the same battery???
Old 10-28-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800, TP2
Carrier: VZW

Pasukun is a n00b

My PPC6800 lasted me about 10 hours before it needed to be recharged.
In a comparison, I recharge my TP2 every other day, not because it needs to be recharged, but just to keep it full.
And I use it more than double the amount of my PPC6800.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

yup ive been very pleased with the battery on my TP2 and coming from alot of other devices battery life has always been an issue
Old 10-28-2009, 03:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

My Omnia running 6.5 can last days before needing a charge, but I was still pleased with the TP2's battery, that is until I read some of the posts here, now I'm starting to wonder if my battery's bad... used the tweaks to kill push internet, etc, using it for some phone calls, E-mails hourly and some texts and I can get about a day...
Old 10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Most def.
This is my longest lasting windows battery.
My original touch lasted quite a bit... but I didn't use it half as much.
p.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work

Not mine. I think I have a memory leak somewhere that drains my battery. I can go from like 100% - 87% in 12 minutes. That's just walkin' from work to the subway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2