PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Lightbulb [SOLVED] win7 OS (not windows phone 7), Touch Pro 2, Xbox360 Live

im at my girlfriends for the night, and her internet is down.. wanna run her netflix, and enter some xbox points.. im not a gamer, so i dont usually read the threads on it.. i remeber with win98 you had to tether to your PC/laptop then run the ethernet from that to the xbox... then i remeber it being a big issue for Vista... so now i have no clue if its working on win7.. im googling as we speak too.. figured id ask my Pros here also..

what ive got available..
-Sprint Touch Pro 2, all tether options working, usually use WMWifirouter
-Sprint Touch Pro x2, "" ""
-xbox360 ethernet cable
-xbox360 elite
-Toshiba L455 laptop
-win7 OS
*no router*

thanks guys

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-11-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: win7 OS (not windows phone 7), Touch Pro 2, Xbox360 Live

OK Without going crazy in-depth...

1) Connect ethernet to PC with the XBOX off.
2) Connect PC to WIFI netwrok (via TP2)
3) Verify that you have the WIFI connection set up for internet sharing EDIT* On Win7 you can check in Netowrk and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Right-click the Wireless adapter and select Properties > Sharing tab > Check "Allow other users..."
4) Turn on the XBOX
5) Sign in to XBOX Live

Last edited by Kliptik; 05-10-2010 at 09:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

that totally worked man... awesome...
Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
that totally worked man... awesome...
NICE!!! Yeah that's how I've been doing it for quite a while now. Enjoy some Netflix!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

You can also add points to your XBox Live account (and queue up downloads) through their website - live.xbox.com - which you just need a hotmail address (or windows live address, whatever they're calling it these days), linked to your gamertag. It's pretty slick being able to log on and do that stuff. Then when you get home (or get the internet working), you turn on the XBox, and go to your Active Downloads and they should be chugging away...
Old 05-11-2010, 06:21 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Re: [SOLVED] win7 OS (not windows phone 7), Touch Pro 2, Xbox360 Live

so after all that, which was easy,just alot of cords... im sittin here on my laptop and i hear "come look at this, theres a connection called 'Hacker'... i say,"thats my phone tethering my laptop(through wmwifirouter)"..we click connect.. and it works... running her xbox360s netflix right now from a TP1 with wmwifirouter on and thats all...no cords or cables at all
Old 05-11-2010, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [SOLVED] win7 OS (not windows phone 7), Touch Pro 2, Xbox360 Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so after all that, which was easy,just alot of cords... im sittin here on my laptop and i hear "come look at this, theres a connection called 'Hacker'... i say,"thats my phone tethering my laptop(through wmwifirouter)"..we click connect.. and it works... running her xbox360s netflix right now from a TP1 with wmwifirouter on and thats all...no cords or cables at all
That's pretty slick!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
hack, mod, tether, touch pro 2, xbox360