PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone Earphone on Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgech View Post
Folks, I just don't know what to tell you other than to make sure that the headset plug is fully and firmly inserted into the jack on the TP2. I just tried the headset that ships with the iPhone 3G (not the 3Gs) again, and was able to replicate the behavior you describe by pulling the plug out just a tiny bit.

Having less than a millimeter of the silver colored connector showing caused the microphone of the headset to not work, although the headphones continued to work fine. Once I pushed the jack all the way in, the mic worked again.

If you need any more convincing, I will be happy to call you from my TP2 using the iPhone 3G headset. Just PM me your number and one call will settle it.

George
George are you ABSOLUTELY sure that the headset/mic Apple iPod headphones are the ones with the built in volume buttons?

These

Or these

You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 12-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

georgech is a n00b

Definitely the first pair. The ones that shipped with the iPhone 3G that I had were without volume control buttons. They had a built in mic obviously, and that also served as a call answer/hang up button.

George
Old 12-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgech View Post
Definitely the first pair. The ones that shipped with the iPhone 3G that I had were without volume control buttons. They had a built in mic obviously, and that also served as a call answer/hang up button.

George
Yeah those work but the ones on the bottom which are better because of the built in volume control do not work unfortunately. I wish someone could figure out why this is and perhaps find a way to fix it. I use the second pair with my iPod Touch daily and would love to be able to plug it in to conversate on my tp2.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

well if its a reg edit, can somebody who has 3g headphones copy there reg and compare it to a reg of 3gs headphones. i can do the 3gs reg.
(Im talking about copying the reg with the headphones inserted. if we do this we can atleast tell if its just a reg edit or not.)

if anybody does this make sure you dont have any passwords when you back up your reg. that will mess things up...(youll be locked out of your phone regardless if you entered the right password. for windows lockscreen.)
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Trae126 is a n00b

my wife has the LG ENV TOUCH (verizon) and they (iphone 3GS headset/mic) works no problem, but I have the same problem as the others, and hearing how the older iphone headsets mic works with TP2, it must be a program reg issue, anyone know what to do???
Old 04-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Cobra667 is a n00b

Has anyone figured this out yet? I also have the new iphone headset (with mic & volume control) and I can hear everything, but no one can hear me. Bummer

Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Yep the old ones w/mic but without the volume controls works perfectly, but newer ones w/remote doesn't as far as the mic and remote. But It's just a software issue not a hardware one so hopefully it will be addressed by someone with the talent.

Infact The newer model still isn't even compatible with many of apples own products yet, and were only compatible with the latest macbook pros at the time they first came out.

Last edited by gxnext; 04-19-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

claudew is a n00b

Has anyone figured out what registry changes need to be made to make these work?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudew View Post
Has anyone figured out what registry changes need to be made to make these work?
Maybe if we were able to address what files or registry setting currently controls those functions. Perhaps they can be tweaked or replaced. Apparently using wired headphones with remotes on them just arn't very popular on the wm front. so no one capable really seems bothered enough to do anything about it.

Best scenario, a new wm phone that address this issue drops.... then we can harvest its rom for our own use but I doubt that will happen.... wm is dead & windows phone is not backwards compatible so.

I just hope my headphones are compatible with my next phone.. whatever O.S that may be.

Last edited by gxnext; 05-11-2010 at 07:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2