PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

illwafer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to illwafer
Will the Touch Pro 2 be short lived? My personal dilemma.

I'm having issues with my Touch Pro 1, and it is under manufacturer's warranty for another week. I should be receiving my 3rd one in a week on Tuesday, and I expect the same issues as with all my other phones (you know the drill).

I was offered the TP2 for $75 + 2 year agreement. I tried very hard to get a free replacement with multiple stores and CS, but it just ain't happening for me (maybe because I'm on SERO).

Anyway, after talking with a lot of Sprint reps, I get the feeling the TP2 is going to be quickly discontinued. One of the stores' managers said that his store will never carry the TP2. Another store employee said his store (a large one) voted on whether or not to carry it, and it was split down the middle because of how horrible the TP1 was for returns.

Whether or not the TP2 is good or not, it may already be doomed due to its predecessor.

So my dilemma is should I snatch up the TP2 now while I have the $75 deal (plus I have to give back my old TP1 in exchange so can't resell), or do I wait it out and stay with the TP1 until the smoke clears.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313
Re: Will the Touch Pro 2 be short lived? My personal dilemma.

Take it. Its only 75 bucks.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

tmwes is a n00b

I must have been very lucky with my TP1. Got it the day it came out via VZW, and never had a single issue right up until the day I sold it on eBay. Love the TP2 even more (even though I'm selling it on eBay to get a Droid)
Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I don't see this phone being phased out soon. Once there is the official 6.5 update i'm sure it will be one of the better smartphones for sale.. It already is imo. This thing has like zero of the problems that the tp1 had.

So my advice to you is to look at your money situation..if its cool for you, this phone is well worth the $75 you'd have to pay. Although there were how many people who got that same "deal" but for free.

Is Sprint considering this your upgrade?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post

Is Sprint considering this your upgrade?
Yeah, it would be my upgrade plus 2 year commitment. I don't care about the commitment since I'll stay with Sprint forever as long as my plan stays, but I don't want to sell myself short and have to wait for another year for a new phone if this one is going to have a short "lifespan".
Old 10-24-2009, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Well then I'd tell them that you want to keep you old TP is its your upgrade..thats for sure.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
Yeah, it would be my upgrade plus 2 year commitment. I don't care about the commitment since I'll stay with Sprint forever as long as my plan stays, but I don't want to sell myself short and have to wait for another year for a new phone if this one is going to have a short "lifespan".
Have you heard this from multiple sources or something? Everything i have read is that they are confusing the Pro with the Pro2. I would confirm with more than just one store if I were you.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've talked in depth to 2 different Sprint-owned stores in San Diego. The one I was at today is the city's main one (about 30 people working easily). I've also talked to a 3rd party store.

They've all led me to believe that they will not be carrying the TP2. The large store said they actually voted on whether to carry it or not (I didn't know they had a choice), and so far they will not be carrying it. The other store straight up said they will not be carrying it, and the third party store said they have no plans to carry it.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

$75 is a rip off, considering they're supposed to be giving free upgrades to the Pro2 if you're replacing your phone. Provided you have insurrance, or still under warranty, which yours is
Old 10-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
$75 is a rip off, considering they're supposed to be giving free upgrades to the Pro2 if you're replacing your phone. Provided you have insurrance, or still under warranty, which yours is
Regardless of them giving tp2 as replacements there are people who paid full pop for a tp2 and you are saying $75 is a ripoff?

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2