PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 01:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will the Touch Pro 2 be short lived? My personal dilemma.

if you are unhappy with your tp1 get the tp2 if you dont want it sell it for $400 get another phone you feel comfortable with.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Regardless of them giving tp2 as replacements there are people who paid full pop for a tp2 and you are saying $75 is a ripoff?
Wow, my comment went completely over your head, didn't it?

Paying $75 for something that should be free for him is a ripoff. Notice I said for him, not for other people
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

My theory about why it's going to be a short-lived device is because it was supposed to be released the same day as the HTC Snap. That didn't happen. It was about 5 months late. The hardware revision on the phone says 4, so I'd say they've had problems with this phone from day one and they are trying to unload it as quickly as possible. With the SnapDragon and Tegra knocking on the door, this phone is going to seem to age like that Nazi who drank from the wrong cup in The Last Crusade. It's a stop-gap keyboard slider 5 months late and about to be put up against the Droid and probably a HD2 Slider as well as another Android slider if the Droid doesn't make it to Sprint.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

It's great stop-gap phone if you are willing to get it now & wait a year for the 2nd generation Snapdragon & Tegra based devices to be rolled out. If you want the latest & greatest when they first roll out then hold onto your current phone.

Personally I grabbed 2 TP2's & will wait a year for my renewal & grab the 2nd generation of the new phones that will be arriving late next year.

It gives plenty of time for advanced development & allows the devices to mature. Not to mention the ROM & customization base will be well established by then.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I have hardly use the keyboard at all. TP2 is a brick. I still love my TP2, but its just too thick.
Idk why, but you annoy the hell out of me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

tmwes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
OK.. Since it seems no one is really being helpful.

You must look into the future of devices. Windows Mobile 7 devices should start appearing by Q2 of 2010. These devices will all be VERY advanced in terms of current hardware. The HD2 just barely scratches the surface of that hardware with the Capacitive screen, 1Ghz Snapdragon and multitouch. By Q2, the HD 2 will be a bottom of the barrel WinPhone7 Device.

Along the same lines, I feel that WVGA is going to be the screen size of most upscale phones from now on (including the HD2). So that means there should be plenty f programs and mods and packages that could be retroffited to the TP2.

Personally... I wouldnt do it. Buy a TP2 out of pocket and keep ur upgrade for the middle of next year. One word: TEGRA.
I just got a Zune HD last week, and if Windows 7 is anything like the Zune interface; it has the potential to be really, really sweet.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:26 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

tmwes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesd View Post
I am led to believe the TP2 is going to have a short lifespan. First, there is talk on the 'net of the TP3, basically a HD2 with a keyboard. Plus, as noted above, WM 7 will be out next year. The Tp2 is basically a TP1 with the correct form factor. Camera and processor are very similar.

I'm going to the TP2, but when I can buy one on Ebay for $299 or less. They are down to $380 now from $430 last week. I would wait for the Droid but not sure if Sprint will get that one or not.
Good luck with that; they seem to be selling for upwards of $500. My auction ends this morning and is over $500. Still a deal if full retail is $479; but I doubt you'll be getting one on ebay for much less than $475 or so.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

illwafer is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to illwafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmwes View Post
Good luck with that; they seem to be selling for upwards of $500. My auction ends this morning and is over $500. Still a deal if full retail is $479; but I doubt you'll be getting one on ebay for much less than $475 or so.
i think that is the point of the conversation.

there is no doubt the value of the tp1 is sinking quickly. if it turns out the tp2 gets the same rap (whether true or not) then its value is going to drop fast as well. imo, it is probably a good move for you to sell yours now and congrats on getting 5 bills for it. but i think in a month or 2 you will the ebay prices cool off quite a bit.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
$75 is a rip off, considering they're supposed to be giving free upgrades to the Pro2 if you're replacing your phone. Provided you have insurrance, or still under warranty, which yours is
i signed a new 2yr i was only 10 months into my 1yr.lol and i got it the tp2 for free from sprint....i had went through 5 pro 1s. pro2 is amazing. like night and day...

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 10-25-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Rollazn is just getting started

I had a month left on my one year warranty and my keyboard gave out... I had to go to 5 different store before I found a good rep that allowed me to switch my old TP to a new TP2!

I'm so happy... it was worth it!

I'm also on SERO. But it's worth the $75 dollar upgrade ( even though its kinda a rip-off) but either way I'd take it if he doesn't cave in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2