PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BethyM is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Active Sync / Storage Card question

When I setup my TP2 I told it to store pictures on the storage card. It's my 'pocket cam' when I'm out with the kids and carrying the SLR isn't practical.

I can't figure out how to make sure that folder syncs when I plug the phone in? The directory I need to sync is \Storage Card\DCIM -- is there a way to 'redirect' the My Documents --> My Pictures to be that folder?

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Active Sync / Storage Card question

One thing you could try is using the Advanced Configuration program and changing the default photo folder to the folder that you want.

Advanced Configuration is here: http://www.touchxperience.com/en/adv...downloads.html

And the specific menu item you want is...Locations > Default storage location for image files

Let us know if it works...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I would advise against using Advanced Config with the TP2, its known to cause problems..ie you can't answer calls..

I think you could find the registry entry and change the location for the camera. I'll dig it up for you...hopefully.

I didn't try this yet.. I will shortly but here it is along with some other stuff.

How to get rid of the DCIM folder and have pictures stored to your storage card under \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures:
1. Open up the camera, and press on the 3 bars on the lower right. That should open up the options. The last option will let you pick either main memory, storage card, and bluetooth. hChoose Storage Card and it ok to save. Pictures seemed to be save under \storage card\dcim\100media.
2. To change the path of the saved pictures and video to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures, edit the registry:
HKLM\software\htc\camera\General
- change EnableDCIM from 1 to 0.
Now your pictures will be stored in \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures
Disable DCIM folder from the registry:
HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\General
DWORD Value: EnableDCIM
DWORD Data: 0
Allow Date & Time File Name Prefix:
DWORD Value: FilenameType
DWORD Data: 1

I can confirm that it works 100%

Last edited by apristel; 10-24-2009 at 09:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
I would advise against using Advanced Config with the TP2, its known to cause problems..ie you can't answer calls..
Really? I haven't noticed anything (yet) and I don't use it for too many settings. Is there a thread on this?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks to both of you. I put Advanced Config on, and see where I could change the location although the pictures are already being saved on the storage card just fine. I didn't make any mods with it, as answering the phone is a neat feature I wanna keep

Is the Storage Card "My Documents" Sync'd to the PC by default when Active Sync is run?? I had hoped there'd be a setting in Active sync that would let me add a folder to sync -- that is all I want to do, seamlessly sync the photos when I plug in so I don't lose them. Contacts can be rebuilt, pics of the kids -- well

This was easier on Palm
Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post

I think you could find the registry entry and change the location for the camera. I'll dig it up for you...hopefully.

I didn't try this yet.. I will shortly but here it is along with some other stuff.

How to get rid of the DCIM folder and have pictures stored to your storage card under \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures:
1. Open up the camera, and press on the 3 bars on the lower right. That should open up the options. The last option will let you pick either main memory, storage card, and bluetooth. hChoose Storage Card and it ok to save. Pictures seemed to be save under \storage card\dcim\100media.
2. To change the path of the saved pictures and video to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures, edit the registry:
HKLM\software\htc\camera\General
- change EnableDCIM from 1 to 0.
Now your pictures will be stored in \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures
Disable DCIM folder from the registry:
DWORD Value: EnableDCIM
DWORD Data: 0
Allow Date & Time File Name Prefix:
DWORD Value: FilenameType
DWORD Data: 1

I can confirm that it works 100%

thanks looks good

Last edited by saj070; 10-24-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Really? I haven't noticed anything (yet) and I don't use it for too many settings. Is there a thread on this?
I'm not sure on an actual thread, but I've read it numerous times in other threads. I would just do the registry edits for your hacks. I prefer doing the edits myself instead of using .cabs or apps. Just so I know for sure what has changed and that I can change it back if something goes wrong. It's hard to say what changes with some apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
what if i want all my videos to save to sdcard ???

I think there is a setting for that somewhere on the phone? If not I imagine it will save on the SD if you do the camera hack. I think its connected somehow. I could be wrong, I'll check it out.
EDIT: Yes there is an option. Turn on your video camera, goto the settings and your can choose Storage Card for the storage location.

OP - I think you need to check the box to sync the my docs folder. You should be able to edit the connection settings in activesync on your PC to sync that folder. Are you using activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center?

Last edited by apristel; 10-24-2009 at 10:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I use ActiveSync to a Windows XP computer. Can I redirect my "My Documents" folder on the phone to the storage card and then it would sync it? The "Files" are syncing correctly, it just doesn't include the photos I have on card.

On a separate note, is there an app that will let me view/edit the phone's registry from the computer?? As nice as the screen is on this baby, I will go cross eyed looking at the registry on it.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:00 AM
VIP Member

I dont think you need to redirect anything, its just a setting on your pc. Look in the partnership settings and you should be able to sync files. In there you will be able to set what files or folders I imagine. Or you could delete the partnership and recreate it and it should ask you want you want to sync. I haven't used activesync in awhile, only WMDC the vista/windows 7 equivalent to activesync.

I'm not sure about a registry editor for the computer, you could use mymobiler and just view the phone screen right on your pc. www.mymobiler.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It does seem like that setting should exist, but I don't see it! I picked hubby's brain when he got home and he didn't think ActiveSync would do it... he's been on WinMo since his 6700.

That MyMobile app ROCKS!!! Thanks to you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2