PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cradle...I don't need no stinking cradle

I've seen several posts and threads discussing the difficulty in finding a cradle that works with the CDMA TP2, so I thought it might be beneficial to post some pictures of two cradles I made. One is made from Cocobolo, a type of rosewood, and the other is made from Lexan.

I made them using a bench type sander, and a dremel. They are not that difficult to do if you are at all handy. Each one probably took me about 30 minutes.

The base and back are two separate pieces glued together using epoxy.

I'm sorry, but I won't make one for you, regardless of how much you offer me. I wish I could but I don't have the time. Secondly I don't have and plans for them. It's pretty easy to measure your device and come up with plans. I will gladly answer any questions and help anyone who needs it.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Re: Cradle...I don't need no stinking cradle

Wow! Those look awesome! Nice work!
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 10-24-2009, 10:38 AM
DV8
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

DV8 is keeping up the good workDV8 is keeping up the good work

Not bad for about 30 minutes apiece. I'm not that handy so I won't even attempt. I guess I will have to find one on ebay.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Great job bro, those look real nice!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Nice! I will be looking for a cradle at some point. But I need my devices to sit with the back/camera facing me. As I use Mobiola Web Camera software, which turns you device in to a web cam.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 10-24-2009, 11:29 AM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

very nice... i want to make my own but not sure what i will make one out off... i like to make weird things

the only thing i would suggest is to make like a pocket so the phone cant move forward... so its more secure..

you wouldnt want to damage your phones usb port

Old 10-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
very nice... i want to make my own but not sure what i will make one out off... i like to make weird things

the only thing i would suggest is to make like a pocket so the phone cant move forward... so its more secure..

you wouldnt want to damage your phones usb port
It's hard to see but it does sit in a pocket, plus the connector holds it in place....are you calling my stuff weird?

Dave
Old 10-24-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
I've seen several posts and threads discussing the difficulty in finding a cradle that works with the CDMA TP2, so I thought it might be beneficial to post some pictures of two cradles I made. One is made from Cocobolo, a type of rosewood, and the other is made from Lexan.

I made them using a bench type sander, and a dremel. They are not that difficult to do if you are at all handy. Each one probably took me about 30 minutes.

The base and back are two separate pieces glued together using epoxy.

I'm sorry, but I won't make one for you, regardless of how much you offer me. I wish I could but I don't have the time. Secondly I don't have and plans for them. It's pretty easy to measure your device and come up with plans. I will gladly answer any questions and help anyone who needs it.
I took my old one that I used with my titan (which the TP2 does fit) took the usb port loose so I could swap sides, swapped them and now I have a cradle for my tp2. it took all of 10 minutes. and I saved 20 bucks. it's nowhere near as fancy as yours, but it does the job. I even left room for me to be able to buy a extended battery and use, if so I choose.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:02 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
It's hard to see but it does sit in a pocket, plus the connector holds it in place....are you calling my stuff weird?

Dave
oh ok, i couldnt see the pocket. and yeah the connector will hold it but if the phone where to more forward you could damage the usb port. it would brake at that point.

and not weird.. .hell i get a toy like 2 GI Joes and make one out of that... like if they where holding it in place

i have made crazy things like that in the past. im very creative

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2